Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Withdrawals and betting banks

Withdrawals and betting banks

Hi all

Lets say I have 5 systems all with a starting bank of £100 each. One of my systems gets over £100 in profit and therefore my bank doubles. I wish to withdraw that £100 profit and use it to start another bank for a new system.

What happens to my stakes if I'm using a staking plan.

For example, lets the say the bank in question, I was using the ratchet staking plan with the first stake being 3% of the bank. As my bank grew so did the stake but then I withdrew the profit after the bank doubled.

So would the the stakes of the bank in question:

1. Return to the 3% starting stake
    2. Start again with maybe a 4% starting stake
    3. Continue with same stakes (more risk involved as the bank has returned to its starting level)
    4. Any other?

Thanks

3% is absolutely the most you should risk per stake so the obvious answer is you should take the profit as a loss to the bank and move all amounts down as the 3% stake dictates.

Personally i would say leave the money in for the sake of compounding but abviously its up to you.

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

Why not just leverage the bankroll? So when System A doubles its starting bank from £100 to £200 continue staking it as you were doing but use £100 of that money to create a new betting bank for another system?

It's rare that you would ever need the full betting bank for a given system on a given day (unless you were using a risky staking plan) so why have that money sat in reserv not doing anything? Put it to use on another system. This is how you can run say 5 systems each with a betting bank of £200 without actually having £1000, you can do it with more like £500. Using a spreadsheet or some such instrument to calculate the stakes means you can operate the system on a higher betting bank than you physically have available. I do it all the time. I run around 30 horseracing systems plus another 20 or so systems for other sports but I don't physically have the combined betting banks for those 50 or so systems in my bookies accounts - I use leveraging and have much less sat around with the bookies and more sat in my real bank account earning interest. OK, the interest rate is low but I'd rather what little interest is available goes to me rather than the bookie.

In short - carry on with 3% ratchet with the full bank.

cheers guys

Mathare what you suggested is what I am currently doing but recent downturns in winners has questioned wether I should have had the money "PHYSICALLY" rather than leveraging.

If you have a bank barrier in place on the systems then you only physcially need the difference between the current bank and the barrier

Yeah, I have a bank barrier in place adjusting the stakes from 3% to 1.5% if the bank loses 50% of its original level.

I am using a spreadsheet to record all bets. This shows me my daily profits, stats, bank levels etc. I was wondering whether to monitor my withdrawals if any, for personal use. So if I was was withdraw any profits that would not be invested into another system, these would affect my bank and stake levels.

Quote Originally Posted by jackster109 View Post
    Yeah, I have a bank barrier in place adjusting the stakes from 3% to 1.5% if the bank loses 50% of its original level.
    That's not a bank barrier, that's just standard bankroll management.

How would you define a bank barrier?

Hi, I'm still unsure on what to do when it comes to withdrawals from my banks for personal use.

If I draw out say £100 and use it one personal use should I just carry on as normal, continue to leverage and carry on staking as if the bank would without any withdrawn money.

Maybe I could include NET PROFITS which would show my profits after any money is withdrawn without altering the bank?

With regards to a system barrier, if the barrier kicks should I switch to paper trading untill the system picks up and comes out of the barrier. Then I would resure to physically placing the bets again?

Cheers

With regards to a system barrier, if the barrier kicks should I switch to paper trading untill the system picks up and comes out of the barrier.

Any idea on how I could incorperate that into my spreadsheet?

Plus, whats your views on my net profit idea or would I bet better off treating the withdrawal as a loss as I'm not investing it into another system which could further my profits and cut the loss of the withdrawn money?

Thanks

Any idea on how I could incorperate that into my spreadsheet?
    Change the colour of the box when it is in paper trading mode.

As for withdrawals, they go in the Withdrawals column, not Loss, and you have to reduce the banks and therefore the stakes. The only time you don't is when your bank hits its top set limit.

IE. You decide any bank will only be allowed to grow to £10,000 so that stakes do not get out of and at 3%, and every quarter, anything over £10,000 you withdraw.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

I've toying with the idea of using a simple "BB" in a column when the Bank Barrier Kicks in and a "P" when I physically place the bet. Then I can use excel to only count / sum the "P" bets which of course would be my real profit / loss. I would also have another area in my spreadsheet to record all of the bets (physically and paper traded), allowing me to know when it's come out of BB and start physicall placing bets again.

Regarding the withdrawals lets say my bank was set at £100 and reached £300 and I withdrew £100. The bank would then be £200 because I am using a 3% ratchet plan, would I reset the stakes to 3% of the £200 or continue at the last stake, 3% of £300 (more risk involved I guess though).

Thanks guys

You have to bring the % level with the actual bank.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

ok cheers guys for all your advice!!

Its alot clearer to me now and as long as I don't take you too much % from the bank, my stakes shouldn't be affected that much anyhow.

What I'm looking to do is takes out 10% profit from each bank (those that have made a profit:wink) at the end of the year. That way I think I would maintain a steady increase in my bank levels and profits, hopefully!

Once again thanks guys for your help!!!!!

Thread Information