PDA

View Full Version : help needed with treble return

inittowinit
8th January 2004, 22:11
i placed a £2.50 e/w tbl today(3/1win,14/1win&6/1placed) on advice of a friend.

what return should i recieve & how is it calculated?

Bulldog
8th January 2004, 22:35
i placed a £2.50 e/w tbl today(3/1win,14/1win&6/1placed) on advice of a friend.

what return should i recieve & how is it calculated?
you settle it as 2 bets, 1 to win and 1 to place

the win part is lost as they all need to win.

the place part is settled dependent on the e/w terms for each race. You should be aware of these before you place the bet. If you aren't then you can never expect to work out your own returns. and if you can't do that you will never make a profit at this game.

nor will you find the numerous occasions where bookies will make errors and pay you out short.

funny how they never pay too much. they haven't to me anyway.

if you really are stuck Ladbrokes have a return calculator on their site.

I'd work it out for you but i would need to know the place terms for each race. i.e is it 1/4 or 1/5 the odds

glad to be of not much help :D

a quick tip for you though. you need to convert each price into a factor. e.g 3/1 becomes 3 + 1 over 1 which is 4. if it is a place at 1/5 it is 3/5 so becomes 3 + 5 over 5 or 1.6. if it is a place at 1/4 it becomes 3/4 or 7 over 4 which is 1.75.

when you have the 3 factors just multiply them together and multiply by your stake to find your return including stake.

I'd tell you what the place terms are but i'm off to the pub now.

Bulldog
8th January 2004, 22:39
as you asked so nicely.

all races up to 4 runners no place bets. all up to win.

all races between 5 and 7 runners are 1/4 the odds first 2 places

all races between 8 and 11 runners are 1/5 the odds 3 places.

all non hcap races above 11 runners are 1/5 the odds 3 places

hcap races between 12 and 15 runners are 1/4 the odds 3 places

hcap races of 16 runners or more are 1/4 the odds 4 places

be aware that non runners can reduce the size of a field so that the place terms change

if you bet on a 16 runner hcap do it at Blue Square because you will still get paid 4 places after the bookies have bribed someone to pull a runner out of such a race. They don't do that do they? I don't think they do. Surely not?

inittowinit
8th January 2004, 23:25
cheers bulldog,great advice,you were right..the bookies didn't get it wrong,thanks for tip on b.sq

hope i didn't delay your well deserved pint of 'wife beater' at your local!!

Bill
9th January 2004, 20:49
Keith gave me a site, www.bettingzone.co.uk/calculator, which will count up your returns in a twinkling.

inittowinit
10th January 2004, 23:14
ty bill,this will make things a little easier!

bigcumba
10th January 2004, 23:19
Some of the online bookies also have calculators on their websites to make working out how much you could have won that bit easier!! :)

John
11th January 2004, 00:28
Some of the online bookies also have calculators on their websites to make working out how much you could have won that bit easier!! :)

I notice you said 'could have won' and not 'will win' ! :doh

bigcumba
11th January 2004, 03:56
Deliberate mistake John - the more they have you think you can win on multiple bets the more profit they actually make. That's why they have the 'Union Jack' bets and all the other special 'numpty only' betting slips..