PDA

View Full Version : Macromedia Flashplayer

johnc
17th March 2004, 13:43
I seem to have lost Flashplayer from my PC and cannot re-install from the Macromedia site. Consequently I cannot view images on some websites. Can anyone help? If so please consider me IT illiterate and use words of one syllable!!

Also cannot make payments over the internet. The "Page Cannot Be Displayed" screen keeps appearing. Any ideas?

codford
17th March 2004, 14:33
The payments screen one may be down to your internet explore version click help on the internet explorer menu bar and select 'About internet explorer' and a box appears you need to check your 'Cipher strength' is 128 bit (its listed there underneath the version) if not go to microsoft site and download new version of internet explorer or you may be able to download a cipher strength patch i cant remember

Win2Win
17th March 2004, 14:51
Go to CONTROL PANEL>ADD/REMOVE and see if Macromedia Flash appears in the list, if it does, UNINSTALL it and reboot.

Then try and download from macromedia again, but it should reinstall over the top of the previous version anyway, so it may be another problem.

GlosRFC
17th March 2004, 15:56
Alternatively, in Explorer, go to Tools, Internet Options. On the General tab, click Settings and then View Objects. You should see a file called Shockwave Flash - that's the one you need to delete.

As Keith says though, the problem seems to be more fundamental as newer versions of the Flash player should overwrite existing versions.