PDA

View Full Version : Top Grub.....

eastyorkshireracing
11th April 2004, 20:54
Indian Nosh.....

Only one recommendation Terry's Balti House in Blackpool.....

Great stuff!

Gordon

Win2Win
11th April 2004, 20:56
Yuck, Indian tastes & looks the same after the the body has digested it. Give me chinese any day. Better still marry a Filipino :)

markwales
11th April 2004, 21:24
LOL EYR....I can't believe you have mentioned that place.

Last time I was in Blackie, we got in a cab and said, take us to the best Indian in town....when we got out at 'Terrys' we though, uh oh, he must be on comission....but it's possibly the best Indian I've ever had.

We got there late, was only the 3 of us in the whole restaurant (we'd a had a few beers!) and they basically stayed open until we felt the need to leave...Cobra flowing nicely.

TOP RESTAURANT !!!

Mark

bigcumba
11th April 2004, 21:59
Most Indian restaurants in Glasgow city centre are well worth a visit - after all we practically invented the curry.... :wink

Can't knock Asda's own indian takeaways - tastier and cheaper compared to your average 'real' Indian!

eastyorkshireracing
11th April 2004, 22:22
The Asda one's are good BigC, we often get one when we go there shopping.... Can't go wrong at just £5-70 for a meal for two (Do a nice Chinese too).....

Gordon

benoo5
12th April 2004, 00:34
forget curries....when in london,go to the regent palace hotel,just off piccadilly circus.....they have a new restaurant,run by ..harry ramsden..the worlds best chippie...god,ime sooo common.

best wishes......ben.

bigcumba
12th April 2004, 07:49
Back in my home town of Airdrie we had the 'best chip shop in Scotland' as voted by the readers of the Daily Record up there. Have to say they were really good - far better than any other in the town or even in Glasgow.

sparkyminer
12th April 2004, 12:07
I once bought some harry ramsden's chips for a veggie, he went ballistic when he found out they were cooked in beef fat, must be what makes 'em taste so nice.

eastyorkshireracing
12th April 2004, 12:14
Good grief BigC......

I used to have a real good mate called Geordie (George) years back, he was from Airdrie, I think the place was called Four Isles! or something like that..... not seen him for a long time (Reminiscent mood coming on :laugh )

Gordon

bigcumba
12th April 2004, 13:06
The Four Isles is / was a community centre in one of the erm.. not so nice parts of town :) Had a licensed bar of course, and you could hire baseball bats / hard hats etc at the door..... :D

The name 'Four Isles' comes from a part of town which had areas named after 4 of the Hebridean Islands - Mull, Islay, and can't remember the other 2.

eastyorkshireracing
12th April 2004, 19:10
That's definately the place you would find Geordie :laugh

Gordon