PDA

View Full Version : Fav bets - Withdrawals

fapman
13th April 2004, 23:33
I had a bet on an un-nammed favorite in the 3.50 Bath last Thursday. Checking the results no horse was named as FAV. I assumed this was because the fav was withdrawn and no other market was formed. I went to the bookies today to get my stake back and was told that my bet had gone on the 2nd fav. Does anyone know if this is correct. It doesn't seem right to me.

kieron
13th April 2004, 23:48
I expect it will be in the smallprint in the rules fapman.They should be displayed in every bookie,or phone head office and see what they say.Think you've done your dosh though.Good luck.

TheOldhamWhisper
14th April 2004, 07:04
I had a bet on an un-nammed favorite in the 3.50 Bath last Thursday. Checking the results no horse was named as FAV. I assumed this was because the fav was withdrawn and no other market was formed. I went to the bookies today to get my stake back and was told that my bet had gone on the 2nd fav. Does anyone know if this is correct. It doesn't seem right to me.
Definition of favourite is the horse that goes off at the shortest price. So if the jolly is withdrawn and it is too late to reform the market, the 2nd fav becomes fav. Sorry fapman - they're right on this one.

fapman
14th April 2004, 16:37
Thanks for your help guys. Must be a method thats used for placepots aswell.