PDA

View Full Version : newbie but oldie.

ceecee
6th May 2004, 19:32
HiGuys, I'm new here but I've got over forty years betting shop experience behind me. If I can help in any way I will. Cheers.

benoo5
6th May 2004, 20:24
welcome aboard matey...nice bunch of people here...ben.

bigcumba
6th May 2004, 20:28
Welcome to the forum young fella! :) Just noticed from your profile you're the same age as my dad, so respect to the elders etc etc.... 40 years betting shop experience - from what side of the counter was that? :wink

As Ben said we're a friendly bunch here, so enjoy!

Onlyforfun
6th May 2004, 22:00
Welcome and a question!

What happens when no horses finish a race, are stakes refunded minus a deduction (Suppose I could trawl through the "terms and conditions" but why do that!)

kieron
6th May 2004, 22:59
That's not happened in my living memory OFF,interesting question.

manckevin
6th May 2004, 23:58
Welcome aboard ceecee :)

TheOldhamWhisper
7th May 2004, 07:08
Welcome and a question!

What happens when no horses finish a race, are stakes refunded minus a deduction (Suppose I could trawl through the "terms and conditions" but why do that!)
The race is declared void and stakes are refunded.

ceecee
7th May 2004, 16:07
Thanks for the welcome, guys. My 40 years wa son the "money making" side of the counter.
The runners came "Under Orders". So theoretically it is a race, without a winner. Every runner is a loser. Our wonderful friend Honest Joe would of course return all stakes "As a gesture of good will".
Cheers.

Win2Win
7th May 2004, 17:03
My lad used to say ceecee when he was a little 'un asking for sweets, how times change, he just takes them now :(