PDA

View Full Version : My keyboards gone wappy!

sparkyminer
16th May 2004, 09:56
The pound sign has gone, the @ button is now "shift-2" the " button is now "shift-'@, in effect they've swapped, the hash key has gone, the tilda is now "shift-`@", I've tried changing the format from english, american, greek, dutch, serbo-croat, sanskrit, they just won't work, I know new ones are fairly cheap but It's a pain in the ass to go and fetch one. Any ideas would be warmly appreciated, by the way it happened when I upgraded to XP. :geek :(

MarcusMel
16th May 2004, 10:09
You got the american keyboard set up. You need to switch it back to the Uk set up.

sparkyminer
16th May 2004, 10:25
Thanks Marcus, I bet you've already second guessed this question, I've looked in keyboards in the control panel and It doesn't tell you there so..................where do I do it?

MarcusMel
16th May 2004, 10:45
I used to know for DOS 6.0 and windows 95/98 but when it comes to XP have not a clue.

I hate micosnot!

MarcusMel
16th May 2004, 10:48
Found this with Google!

If using Windows 9x/Me, check that the keyboard is set to English (British):
Select My Computer > Control Panel > Keyboard > Language tab.

If using Windows XP, check that the keyboard is set to UK English:
Select Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options (choose 'Switch to Classic View' if not visible) > Languages > Details.
If no English (United Kingdom) keyboard option is present, click on the Add button and select it from the drop-down menu under Keyboard layout/IME. This being Windows, a Restart is required for the change to take effect.

For illustrated instructions, see 'How to Configure Regional and Language Support for User Accounts':
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/itpro/managing/reg ionalsup.asp

Also see 'List of Languages Supported in Windows 2000 and Windows XP':
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=292246

sparkyminer
16th May 2004, 11:05
££££££££££££££££££@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""Thanks Marcus that seems to be ok now, both the US and UK settings were there but for some reason it would'nt let me select the UK whilst the US was an option, had to delete the US settings first, and then obviously shut down and restart. Bloody yanks. Anyway thanks again mate. :)

Win2Win
16th May 2004, 21:46
You always have to shutdown the Yanks to get rid of them :)

I know someone who had the same problem, and bought a new keyboard. DUH!! :doh

sparkyminer
17th May 2004, 10:38
:laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh