PDA

View Full Version : The W2W Racing Sim

markwales
6th July 2004, 09:03
Morning all,

Some of you may have noticed a new 'area' within the main section of the forum, the area is called 'Racing Sim'.

Upstairs in the members area the Racing Sim has been running for around 5 months, and has just started Season 2.

We currently have around 20 playing members, each player has a stable of virtual horses, which are trained, raced and targeted at certain events throughout the Sim Season.

I'm sure that the current members of the Sim will all say that they are enjoying the game, along with the challenge that it provides.

You can view the Sim website by clicking here (http://www.racingsim.co.uk)

We have our own online Formbook (SimForm), and our own online Betting system (SimFair) where you can back or lay yours or other stables horses.....and there' more being added to the game seemingly weekly at the moment.

If anybody would like to know more about the Sim, or would like to join the game, please post here or drop me an email or PM, and we'll take it from there.

I'm sure that many of you will enjoy the game, hence the reason it has been moved to the Non Members area.

One last thing, stables are limited due to the amount of work required to maintain the sim, so if you would like to join, I would suggest putting your name forward sooner rather than later.

Any Q's feel free to give me a shout.

All the best,
Mark.

markwales
6th July 2004, 15:59
By the way, if anyone's considering joining the game...it is incredibly easy to play, the rules aren't difficult in any way.....the challenge is though !!! :D

eastyorkshireracing
7th July 2004, 19:13
Hi Mark.....

I am interested in the racing Sim. Where do I get more info?

Gordon

John
7th July 2004, 19:20
Hi Gordon,

I just tried to respond to you by PM but can't, I'll will send an e-mail to your registered address if this is ok.

eastyorkshireracing
7th July 2004, 19:30
Fine thanks Stereo.....

Cheers.

Gordon

John
7th July 2004, 19:40
Should arrive any second now Gordon. :)

eastyorkshireracing
7th July 2004, 19:41
Thanks.....

jollyjayne
7th July 2004, 20:18
I see that the racing sim section has moved "downstairs"
It is asking me for a password and I can`t seem to access it....... not even with the members password [/FONT]

markwales
8th July 2004, 07:43
Hi Gordon,

If you drop me an email (I think SJ pointed you in the direction of my address), I'll pass you all the relevant details....and get a stable up and running asap for you.

All the best,
Mark.

eastyorkshireracing
8th July 2004, 15:23
He did mention a link, but I can't find it.

John
8th July 2004, 17:01
E-mailed his address to you Gordon. :)

mathare
8th July 2004, 20:04
I see that the racing sim section has moved "downstairs"
It is asking me for a password and I can`t seem to access it....... not even with the members password [/FONT]
Same for me :(

bigcumba
8th July 2004, 20:11
Hi guys - those of you having password problems - look upstairs in the Topical Discussion area - Racing Sim thread started by Keith - all you need to know is in there. :)

Merlin
9th July 2004, 07:06
Can I join too ? Need a password though - cant go upstairs - not a member...

markwales
9th July 2004, 08:35
Hi Merlin.

Yeah no probs......if you go to the sim website at www.racingsim.co.uk then click on the link to email me (bottom right), I will send you the password to get in to the Racing Sim forum area so you can have a look around....

Alternatively, I can send details direct to the email address that you registered here, if you prefer.

I'll also give you stable details etc via email.

All the best,
Mark.

Win2Win
9th July 2004, 08:38
You get a real stable :)

markwales
9th July 2004, 08:50
They ARE real stables.....it's all part of the sim experience !!

bigcumba
9th July 2004, 10:24
They ARE real stables.....it's all part of the sim experience !!

Yeah, we even have a rota for cleaning out the sim sh*t from the stables! :D

Win2Win
9th July 2004, 10:25
Can I have some for thr garden then, it' a bit of a pain pooping in the garden all the time to save a few quid :butthead:

bigcumba
9th July 2004, 10:30
Can I have some for thr garden then, it' a bit of a pain pooping in the garden all the time to save a few quid :butthead:

5 bowls of All Bran a day and you'll produce enough to start selling it to the local garden centre :yikes:

Win2Win
9th July 2004, 11:03
And you know that because.......

bigcumba
9th July 2004, 11:12
And you know that because.......

I'm a scientist :D

mathare
9th July 2004, 21:50
And a Scotsman :)

markwales
13th July 2004, 08:27
We still have a few stables available if anyone else would like to join the Sim.

Some interesting weeks ahead of us, with the Guineas meeting, and the Oaks/Derby in a couple of weeks.

If anyone would like to join, let me know and I'll give you the password to the Sim Forum area for you to have a look around.

Mark

markwales
20th July 2004, 11:50
Still stable left if anyones interested.

Drop me an email from the link on the website www.racingsim.co.uk and I will provide you with the password to have a browse around the Sim Area of the forum.

Or post here and I'll send the Password to you direct.

Mark.

markwales
11th August 2004, 09:14
This week is Sim Derby week.....can there be a better week to join the FREE Win2Win racing Sim ???.

For full details, please see above in this thread.

Win2Win
11th August 2004, 09:32
Mark is looking for 1000 entries, as he has plenty of free time on his hands :bnk :lickme :compcrash

markwales
11th August 2004, 09:38
LOL.....I wish !!!

2 more stables will be the max.

The missus used to ask, 'What are you doing on that PC?'...I'd reply 'Sim Stuff'.
Now she says, 'Are you doing Sim Stuff?'.......she's learning !!!

Dave
14th August 2004, 23:59
Can I join?

Please let me know,

Dave

markwales
15th August 2004, 00:01
Hi Dave, drop me an email by clicking on the email link on www.racingsim.co.uk and I'll send you full details.

Mark.

Dave
15th August 2004, 00:03
Sent

Dave
15th August 2004, 09:27
When will I receive my reply as I have not received yet.

Dave

piggy
15th August 2004, 09:58
When will I receive my reply as I have not received yet.

Dave
mark has had to pop away should be back today or tommorow dave

markwales
15th August 2004, 10:06
Hi Dave, just been sent.

I didn't send last night as I was a little on the 'drunk' side !!...lol

Dave
15th August 2004, 10:06
It's okay thanks, I've got a reply now.

Dave

Dave
15th August 2004, 10:09
Password for Racing Sim section of website doesnt appear to work for me?

Dave

markwales
15th August 2004, 10:12
Try the password with no caps or '

it should just be the 6 letter word I gave you in lower case

markwales
26th September 2004, 11:07
Morning all,

There are a couple of free stables available to newcomers in the W2W Racing Sim.

For more info visit www.racingsim.co.uk

If you like the idea of the challenge, drop me an email or PM, and I'll give you the password to the SIm Area of the forum for you to have a look around.

Limited stables available only!!

We are now well into the 2nd season of the sim, and it's getting bigger and better week by week. Simform our own form book, Simfair our own Betting exchange!!...our own Handicap ratings, Pick 6 jackpots, betting, and much more within the game. It's not just a case of entering and winning, strategy and race planning play a major part in becoming a successful stable.

Mark.

markwales
2nd October 2004, 18:28
Still stables available

Visit www.racingsim.co.uk for more info, or read the rest of this thread !!...lol

markwales
2nd October 2004, 18:28
BTW..it's FREE for those worried about cost

markwales
11th October 2004, 08:04
FAO All newcomers to the forum.....the Racing Sim still has several stables available for new trainers.

We are coming to the end of season 2, and the most exciting times are ahead. Season 3 looks to be a cracker.

If anybody is interested in joining the game, please drop me a PM or an email, and I will send you the password to the sim area of the forum.

For more info and an insight into the game, visit www.racingsim.co.uk

Mark.

markwales
30th November 2004, 19:54
FAO All newcomers to the forum.....the 100% FREE Racing Sim still has several stables available for new trainers.

We are coming to the end of season 2 this weekend, and the most exciting times are ahead. Season 3 looks to be a cracker.

If anybody is interested in joining the game, please drop me a PM or an email, and I will send you the password to the sim area of the forum.

For more info and an insight into the game, visit www.racingsim.co.uk and if you don't believe me how much fun, or what a challenge it is, ask any of the current players!!!

Mark.

Workshy
30th November 2004, 19:56
Great game, plenty of people addicted I'd say!

John
30th November 2004, 19:57
I'll second that :D

piggy
30th November 2004, 20:25
have we got a time and date for bc yet?

plater
30th November 2004, 20:30
Somewhere around 2004 years and 340 ish days :geek

piggy
30th November 2004, 20:35
Somewhere around 2004 years and 340 ish days :geek

cheers plater that helps a bit but i meant breeders cup :D

Workshy
14th December 2004, 17:35
Some great Breeders Cup races just gone and now we are onto breeding Ooo NH code coming in this coming season. Its going to be a awesome 3rd season from the 9th January. More stables are welcome !!! :D

l'head eagle
15th December 2004, 17:41
Hello Mark, it is about time I got involved in this Racing Sim !!

Please email me if the mods could pass my address to you.

Cheers

vegyjones
15th December 2004, 17:46
woo hoo!!!!

Welcome l'head!

markwales
15th December 2004, 18:00
I'll send an email with the relevant details this evening.....

That's 3 new stables in the off season!!

Welcome aboard.

Mark.

l'head eagle
15th December 2004, 18:02
Cheers Mark.

Vegy, you know my lack of access at home from the football sim. Will this stop me playing the Racing Sim ??

vegyjones
15th December 2004, 18:14
What with all the figures you have to deal with,
it may make it very frustrating and very difficult!

But, see how it goes...

I keep all my horse stats on a separarte spreadsheet anyway,
so you could write them down and just use that as your starting point!

l'head eagle
15th December 2004, 18:19
What with all the figures you have to deal with,
it may make it very frustrating and very difficult!

Sounds like my normal method of horse selection :laugh

Cheers Vegy, I will find a way !!

vegyjones
15th December 2004, 18:20
Let's hope you're more successful in the sim! :laugh

l'head eagle
15th December 2004, 18:28
Let's hope you're more successful in the sim! :laugh:D

TheOldhamWhisper
15th December 2004, 18:44
Glad to see a few new stables joining in the 'fun' (and I use that term very loosely! most people take this game VERY seriously). It is FUN - the 'basics' are fairly simple - the tactics less so. Don't be afraid to ask questions - I'm sure that people will be only too glad to help.

Workshy
15th December 2004, 18:52
Definately, Its hard not to take this seriously and plotting campaigns is good fun :)

markwales
3rd January 2005, 20:02
Fancy a challenge? Enjoy Racing?......then the Racing Sim is just for you !!!!

Season 3 starts NEXT WEEK.

If anyone else would like a stable for the upcoming season, let me know and I'll get you added.

I hope to hear from a few of the forum newcomers, you'll definately enjoy !!!

Check out www.racingsim.co.uk for a sneak preview of what is involved, plus you will have access to the sim area of the forfum with much much more in there.

Express your interest on this thread, or via email/PM.

Mark

markwales
5th January 2005, 20:25
Last call for anybody who wants to join the Racing Sim in readiness for Season 3.

Monthly Prizes from Keith, competition prizes from myself and others, bragging rights, challenging competition, our own online betting exchange, the superb Simform form guide.......there will also be some FREE real money bets thrown as prizes in to spice this season up.

You don't have to be a win2win member to play, simply being a forum member will do.

LAST CALL......Final applications by Friday at 8pm.

Come and join us.

Mark.

markwales
9th March 2005, 19:46
Just bringing this to the top for all new forum members :D

Stables always available at the Win2Win Racing Sim.

Win2Win
9th March 2005, 20:55
Martin Pipes joined last week, as he reckons it isn't run by a bunch of hoo-haa inbred suits :laugh

markwales
10th July 2005, 22:18
Evening all,

We are rapidly approching the end of season 3 of the Racing Sim, with Seaon 4 to commence in just a few weeks time. There are spaces for a few more stables should anybody wish to join up.

It's free, it's fun, it's challenging, and it's great when you get that first Group 1 winner !!

If anybody would like more info, please drop me a PM, or an email from the contact link at www.racingsim.co.uk

Cheers all.
Mark.

bigcumba
10th July 2005, 22:29
Anyone thinking of joining the sim, but not sure - go for it - it's a lot of fun, you can take it as serious as you like, or as a bit of light hearted fun.... either way when you start getting the group winners it's a real buzz! You can spend a few minutes a week, or hours like some of the more dedicated players do - however you play it, it's great fun!

markwales
2nd November 2005, 23:06
FAO New Forum members....

We are over half way through season 4 of the Racing Sim at present, and the game just gets bigger and bigger.

For more info go to www.racingsim.co.uk to have a look around, or drop me a PM/Email and I will forward you details of the game, and the forum password.

Manage your stables destiny......

Mark.

vegyjones
2nd November 2005, 23:22
Manage your stables destiny......
OI!! :mad: You sure that's not copywrited??? :D

markwales
18th January 2006, 20:42
We are coming to the end of season 4 in The Racing Sim, and the door is open for new players to start the new season with us.

It's free, it's fun, it's challenging, and it's great when you get that first Group 1 winner !!

If anybody would like more info, please drop me a PM, or an email from the contact link at our website www.racingsim.co.uk

Cheers all.
Mark.

markwales
22nd February 2006, 15:28
Just touting for business :D

TheOldhamWhisper
22nd February 2006, 15:36
With Mathare's brilliant new spreadsheet, the game can be a simple as you want it to be or as in depth as you like. If you want to spend just half an hour a week on it, you can but you'll soon find that you WANT to spend a lot more time doing that final planning to grab your first Group 1 win!

vegyjones
22nd February 2006, 15:41
And listening to Oldham cry in chat when his season banker gets beaten into 2nd place by one of Vegy's unsung heroes is also a treat! :laugh

TheOldhamWhisper
22nd February 2006, 15:44
Still holding on to that dream Vegy :laugh

vegyjones
22nd February 2006, 15:46
It'w what keeps me going Oldham :D