PDA

View Full Version : connecting digital camera to laptop via USB

susanwells
17th August 2004, 22:06
Can anyone help please ? I have a FUJI dgital camera and an ACER laptop working on WINDOWS XP. Until today I hVE with ease taken pics, connected the cable to the camera then into the USB port on the laptop, switched on, and the WIZARD comes up onto the screen... I then download the pics.
Today, no wizard appears.. nothing will download. Have tried changing batteries. No good. Have fiddled to make sure both ends of cable are connected into camera/laptop.. fine as far as I can tell. i`m doing nothing different. Camera taking pics fine, lapworking fine in all other respects ...Just cannot get the WIZARD SCANNER window to appear so I can download..
aaarrrrghh.. have spen an hour on it tonight...going mental. They`ve been so reliable till now. If anyone out there can give me advce.. the FUJI handbook is no good.. jst tells me something must be wrong. ::swear

Win2Win
17th August 2004, 22:21
Xp is a funny thing, especially when it comes to USB drives, which is what the camera memory is.

It is probably best to visit the camera's web site, and download the latest driver. As XP does have a habit of forgetting them!

jollyjayne
17th August 2004, 23:25
Susan,
As you have previously used your Fuji on your PC, maybe your settings on your viewer have altered.
Are you using Fuji Finepix viewer ?
I find with my Fuji sometimes the pictures do not appear to be where I expect them but then the show up on drive "F"
It also makes a difference in what order I turn on the camera, connect the cable and open the program.

zomby
18th August 2004, 10:16
If the worst comes to the worst, buy a cheap card reader that can stay plugged into the computer all the time, then all you have to do is whip the card out of the camera, stick it in the card reader and hey presto.