PDA

View Full Version : windows xp professional

Jonny2621
3rd September 2004, 17:04
my new laptop has windows xp prof and i have found an annoying thing already.

When the cursor hovers over somnething for a sec it seems to take it as if i have clicked when i havent, i hear the click noise and it clicks the link, thus i am opening other pages or links when i didnt intend to

Any ideas anyone ?

thanks

Jon

zomby
3rd September 2004, 17:45
Probably not going to be the case, but if you're using the touch-pad, are you sure your hand isn't resting on the button for the touch pad? I used to do that all the time and ended up disabling the touchpad and plugging a proper mouse in.

TheOldhamWhisper
3rd September 2004, 18:25
Not something I have heard of (normally have to pay for programs to do this type of task!).

Question: Are you using a mouse or the standard laptop pointing device? If using a mouse, does the same thing happen if you unplug the mouse and use the pointing device?

Win2Win
3rd September 2004, 18:28
I never use the touchpad, buy a trackball.

MarcusMel
3rd September 2004, 23:40
Check your touchpad/mouse options I think there is an option that enables the operation you are seeing.

Jonny2621
3rd September 2004, 23:49
Im using the touchpad for the first and last time, im getting a decent travel mouse in the morning, thanks for all the help guys

cheers

Jon :)

Win2Win
4th September 2004, 09:04
Touchpads are for those who can't afford a real trackball, and if you've just spent £1000+ :doh

The single click option is OFF by default. Some pads just need to be rubbed to act as a click.

vegyjones
4th September 2004, 09:07
The single click option is OFF by default.

What has Only For Fun got to do with this conversation? :D

MarcusMel
4th September 2004, 11:00
I think touchpads on laptops are great. Much better then the 'nibble' some of the have.