PDA

View Full Version : XDA2 question

jollyjayne
28th September 2004, 20:16
I am considering getting an XDA to try and avoid missing half of the day`s racing.
I am looking at getting a "Simfree" XDA2.

If I did that how much am I likely to be charged,
would I have the option of data charges ( £? per Mb )as opposed to call charges (?p per minute )

Or would I just be better getting one on monthly contract........

Win2Win
28th September 2004, 20:45
Don't know much about the sim free one, but you can't access BT on the BT device!!!!!

What ever you do you'll need GPRS to get the best out of it, but you can get this on PAYG, but ask in a phone shop.

Just buy a cheap laptop, and mobile connect card. I get 380kb/s on mine at Aintree :) (the new 3G one)

Jonny2621
28th September 2004, 21:25
i use my laptop with a voda 3g card, brilliant...3g is mostly around major cities esp South but if not gprs gets you by if youre patient :) best investment ive made, apart from W2W of course! :D

manckevin
29th September 2004, 08:28
Roll on Vodafone bringing out a PAYT 3G version instead of the dismally slow, and expensive GPRS version (£4/mb)! Used nearly a tenner in the past two days, and that was just putting bets on (about 5 in total) and checking e-mail!

Win2Win
29th September 2004, 08:40
PAYG 3G would be expensive as well to force you to use a contract, which at 50mb for £23.50 is very good value. More than enough to spend 4 hrs on Betfair daily.

manckevin
29th September 2004, 17:44
deleted, didn't make sense