PDA

View Full Version : FAO Markwales

chancer
11th October 2004, 23:50
I'm just wondering about the racing sim. Is it difficult to do, cos i'm not as technically as advanced as most of ye here. I really enjoy the site and would like to take part in more stuff if i can.

cheers, chancer

markwales
12th October 2004, 07:14
Hi Chancer,

I'll drop you an email to your registered email address with the password for you to have a look around the sim area.

I'm sure all the current players will tell you that it isn't difficult to understand, however it is challenging to get to the top of the trainers table!!

Expect an email after office hours when I get home today.

Cheers,
Mark.

bigcumba
12th October 2004, 07:50
All I can say Chancer is that it's good fun, not difficult to take part, and you can take it as seriosuly as you wish, and I think some of the Simmers take it very seriously! We all look forward to the race meeting as it's a wee get together in our sim chat room where there's a good bit of banter, some praise for the winners, and a bit of abuse for that 2yo you thought was a potential Derby winner that turns out to be fit for Blackpool Beach!

markwales
12th October 2004, 07:53
and I think some of the Simmers take it very seriously!

You're not wrong there BigC !....

Win2Win
12th October 2004, 09:00
and a bit of abuse for that 2yo you thought was a potential Derby winner that turns out to be fit for Blackpool Beach!

Whose got Aidan O'Briens stable then? :laugh

TheOldhamWhisper
12th October 2004, 17:23
The game is what you make it - we have our own 'betting exchange', full histories of all horses form - weekly betting (to help boost your stable 'sim' balance), handicap ratings updated after every set of races (and a handicapper who knows which horses are being 'set up' for a coup!!). The beauty of the game is that you CAN use all of the features - but you don't HAVE to use them to play.

As long as you can send an email with fairly simple instructions for training your horses or entering them in a race, you can play the game. How seriously you take it is up to you - some people spend hours studying the game and others just an hour or so at most.

Have a look round the Sim area - I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

markwales
12th October 2004, 18:42
Email sent :)

chancer
12th October 2004, 18:44
Thanks for all the help