PDA

View Full Version : The never-ending problems of Windows XP

John
31st October 2004, 00:48
As soon as I get one problem sorted, another one appears out of nowhere.

Folders. All my folders, and sub folders, and so on... are set to 'ICONS' as the Viewing Option. For some bizarre reason (and this used to happen in Win98 too) my folder settings have been reset, so now all my folders are set to the default 'Tiles' view.

I've looked under the folders settings in the control panel and had no joy in trying to reset it back to what it was. Is there a registry change I can do to make the default option "icons" ?

Can't do a system restore.

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

KC*
31st October 2004, 01:16
1. In an open folder click VIEW at the top and choose how you would like your folders displayed.

2. At the top click TOOLS then FOLDER OPTIONS and then the VIEW tab

3. Now click the APPLY TO ALL FOLDERS button

All folders should now be set the same as your current folder.

Regards
KC

John
31st October 2004, 01:21
I'll never know how I managed to miss that button in the View dialog before. :doh

Many thanks KC, problem solved. :)

KC*
31st October 2004, 02:36
lol, it's rare you'll need it, hence easy to miss :wink

KC

John
31st October 2004, 02:39
Very true - nice avatar by the way.

Win2Win
31st October 2004, 08:25
The avatar is not that good, I can't see the score, and it's very annoying not knowing who is winning :)

KC*
31st October 2004, 13:01
Either side has not let it through therefore no score is up yet, it's a tough battle and could last for sometime :wink

KC

bigcumba
31st October 2004, 13:18
It's a bit boring to watch - I've even had to provide my own sound effects!

plater
31st October 2004, 14:10
Lay The Draw :yikes: :D

bigcumba
31st October 2004, 14:17
Lay The Draw :yikes: :D

Ah, you've been reading the webmaster's guide to laying..... :)

Win2Win
31st October 2004, 15:16
I'll go for 0-0 and NO GOAL and lay it off later at 1.01 :doh

arnie
2nd November 2004, 19:17
hi can anyone help
on betfair i can'y get my account statement to come up

GlosRFC
2nd November 2004, 20:53
Hi Arnie

Afraid I can't help you here as I don't have a Betfair account. If it's an XP-related problem, it may be that you've downloaded SP2 in which case the new pop-up blocker is preventing your account statement from being displayed. If so, you should see a little icon appear in your system tray and a line appear at the top of the HTML page. If you can see that line, try double-clicking it and select the Temporarily allow pop-ups from this page option.

If that isn't a solution, then I'd suggest that you create a new top-level post in this forum so that others can see your question and might be be better able to help.