PDA

View Full Version : Betfair Market

John
7th November 2004, 15:47
Hi,

I've attached an image to help describe the problem. Basically whenever I load up a new market, it takes up the whole page horizontally so I have to scroll right over to the right.

Can anyone offer any help on how I can fix it?

Thanks

MarcusMel
7th November 2004, 15:56
Is Tools Internet Options Advanced Multimedia (
Enable Automatic Image Rezising ticked) May help!

John
7th November 2004, 16:00
Yeah, that's ticked, Thanks anyway.

Win2Win
7th November 2004, 17:37
Update Java and your graphics driver to begin with, they buy a new monitor :doh

MattR
9th November 2004, 10:56
SJ,

Are you using Mozilla? My mate is having the same problems. Sometimes changing the settings (the lay background colour) fixes it but by no means always, I guess it's just 'resetting' the page and clearing the problem.

John
9th November 2004, 16:13
Hi Matt,

Yeah I'm using Mozilla Firefox, I guess I should have stated that in my original post. I'll have a tinker with the settings and see if anything changes.

Thanks for your input.

KC*
9th November 2004, 17:48
It may be worth re-installing Internet Explorer to see if that helps the situation, I take it your using XP, if you do follow this please make sure you have your windows XP disc available so you can re-install IE.

1. Go into Control Panel
2. Click Add/Remove Programs
3. Click Add/Remove Windows Components on the left hand side
4. Untick INTERNET EXPLORER
5. Click Next and then Finish
6. Restart PC
7. Goto number 1 again and follow through but this time at number 4 you tick instead of untick.

I know I mentioned it earlier but please make sure you do have a windows XP disc otherwise you will be unable to add INTERNET EXPLORER back, also make sure all FAVOURITES are fully backed up.

KC

KC*
9th November 2004, 17:55
I just thought, whilst you have your XP disc in your drive it may be worth scanning your system files and replacing the changed ones, to do this make sure the windows XP disc is still in your drive, then:

1. Click START
2. Click RUN
3. Type in the OPEN RUN box: sfc /scannow
4. Click OK

I always do this as soon as I experience any problems on XP as it's very easy to do.

For a full explaination regarding the system file checker please check here: http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html

KC

John
9th November 2004, 20:33
It seems to have miraculously recovered by itself and now is working fine. I've cleared cache and cookies and rebooted, and again it worked fine. So hopefully (touch wood) all is sorted.

If the problem comes back I'll use your advice KC - thanks a lot.

Win2Win
10th November 2004, 10:13
Questions, questions, questions.....so as a student, what do you actually learn? :laugh