PDA

View Full Version : the spirit of xmas

piggy
21st December 2004, 16:13
the post office dead letter centre for uk is tonbridge main sorting office all the badly addressed and undelivered mail ends up here and at xmas they also do santa's mail which you can imagine is a rather big job. a few years ago my father was in charge of this section and was handed a letter from a young boy, we'll call him paul,the jist of the letter awes this:

Dear Santa, please do not send me or my brother any presents this year could we have some money instead my father has been made redundent and can't find another job and i overheard my dad telling my mum that if we don't find £400 by next week the house will be reppossed and we will be on the streets for xmas, my mummy keeps on crying and it is making me sad, i know you can't make money in your workshops but if you can help i know you will
love from paul.

anyway the letter was passed round the sorting office and they had a whipround and raised £260 this was sent of to the lad with a note from santa saying it was him and his brothers xmas present. anyway a few days passed and a letter arrived from the boy to santa and it said:

Dear Santa, thank you very much for the money we gave it to dad and he was really happy and gave us big hugs and mummy smiled and kissed us, he said it would make all the difference and we would be able to stay in the house, i'm not complaining but we only recieved £260 i reckon those thieving barstards at the post office nicked the other £140. :D

gogga
21st December 2004, 17:29
A nice one mate!

A friend sent me this and I thought it was very funny..

My birthday is on the 24 December...

As it turned out, my wife didn't even say good morning, let alone any
happy birthday. Too busy fussing about Christmas dinner.
I thought, well, that's wives for you, the children will remember.

The children came in to breakfast and didn't say a word. Too busy worrying about Nan's notorious Christmas Gifts.

So when I left for the office, I was feeling pretty low and despondent.

As I walked into my office, my secretary said: "Good morning, Boss. "Happy Birthday". And I felt a little better that someone had remembered.I worked until noon then my secretary knocked on my door and said, "You know, it's such a beautiful day outside, and it's your birthday. Lets close earlier ans go to lunch, just you and me."

I said, "By George, that's the greatest thing I've heard all day. Let's go!" We went to lunch.

We didn't go where we normally go; instead we went out to a private
little place. We had two martinis and enjoyed lunch tremendously.

On the way back to the office, she said, "You know, it's such a
beautiful day. We don't need to go back to the office, do we?"

I said, "No, I guess not. Its Christmas tomorrow" She said, "Let's go to my
apartment." After arriving at her apartment she said, "Boss, if you
don't mind, I think I'll go into the bedroom and slip into something more
comfortable" "Sure!" I excitedly replied.

She went into the bedroom and, in about six minutes,
she came out carrying a huge birthday cake..... followed by my
wife, children, and dozens of our friends, all singing Happy Birthday.

And I just sat there .... on the couch ...naked.