PDA

View Full Version : no sound

silax
25th December 2004, 21:25
:yikes: after formatting my hard drive i have no sound and yes the speakers are plugged in. proberbly an easy one for you lot

Win2Win
25th December 2004, 23:31
You have to put the driver in, otherwise it doesn't know the sound card is there.

silax
26th December 2004, 01:00
thanks again keith how do i do that i have a mainboard driver disc which i have put in and nothing happens also i have noticed that my usb ports are not working since the idioto who formatted my m/c did this. obviously the soloution should be the same how do i get the disc to start running automatically i can look at the cd and there is lots of files there but i don't know which ones to open.

Byron
26th December 2004, 02:16
If you are using XP this should work. Not sure about other versions.

Right click My computer, then left click properties, then click hardware, then click device manager and click on the plus sign on sound and video devices.Look for your sound card e.g.creative audigy, terratec.Click on that and then click driver and then on update driver and load your disc.

Win2Win
26th December 2004, 09:54
If you go to CONTROL PANEL>SYSTEM>HARDWARE>DEVICE MANAGER you'll see some objects with a question mark or an X, double click and select the driver options, then search auto & manually on the disk/internet for them.

Also go to the MS Update site, as this automatically updates drivers as well.