PDA

View Full Version : Playstation

Fadetoblack
23rd January 2005, 19:51
I apologise if Im saturating the forum with threads here but Im taking a break from writing something elsewhere...

I realise that I'm talking to a broad spectrum ofages but has anyone ever seen any racing games on the playstation?

I have attheraces gallop racer and i must recommend it...the graphics are top notch and it really is an enjoyable and realistic game (which also has all the real colours). I have ordered G1 Jockey 3 which is a jumps game so Im looking forward to giving that a spin.

markwales
23rd January 2005, 19:55
G1 Jockey is superb....it's primarily a flat racing game, but the G1 series does have the option of racing over jumps.

1 hint.....don't give up too soon!!....it is difficult to grasp, but once you win that first race, you'll never put the gamepad down!!

Fadetoblack
23rd January 2005, 19:58
It's part three that Im getting...hoping that's it's primarily a jumps one. The attheraces gallop racer one is incredibly addictive. That feeling of coming from last to first to just snatch it on the line for your first group one win....precious haha

bigcumba
23rd January 2005, 19:59
As far as I'm aware that's pretty much it for the PLaystation, but if anyone else knows of more.... :)

Fadetoblack
23rd January 2005, 20:02
Try this out for the laugh

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?name=Sport+of+Kings

bigcumba
23rd January 2005, 20:11
There's also another half decent oldie called Good To Firm, but it's also strictly a DOS game, so might be a problem for XP users - should be available on the Underdogs site as well. I used to have the shareware version about 10 years ago....

Fadetoblack
23rd January 2005, 20:13
Or you could just spend your day in the bookies in GTA: San Andreas.

Workshy
23rd January 2005, 20:26
Accumulating money betting on Camel's Toe :D

Fadetoblack
23rd January 2005, 20:29
haha...the very thing. Or melinda's muff. A good thing at 8-1

Workshy
23rd January 2005, 20:32
I wouldnt want to see Mel's muff at 81 Ooo

I'd love a really good horse racing trainer/owner game on pc. A well researched Championship Manager 3-esque simulation with a chunky race calendar. Maybe one day, the market is definately big enough.

sportingprofit
23rd January 2005, 21:17
Which games better G1 Jockey 3 or Attheraces Gallops Racer?

Am thinking of getting one for Sunday afternoons when there's no racing on.

Fadetoblack
23rd January 2005, 21:27
Well I can definitely say gallop racer is briliant...you can own 6 horses at a time, you start of as an amateur and ride some bad horses...you know those ones who get tailed off in class h races...but you start to find races that you can actually win and you improve as a jockey....the more you improve, the better the horses you can ride. It really is damn addictive. You can enter the english and irish guineas too. And you can breed your own horses too and edit the name and tack etc.

As for G1 Jockey 3, well im waiting for that to be delivered. At the moment there are no racing games available in ireland so gotta order them from the net

sportingprofit
23rd January 2005, 21:35
Thanks F2B, think I'll give Gallop Racer ago.

Have read a few reviews and all seem positive.

Fadetoblack
24th January 2005, 17:23
Thanks F2B, think I'll give Gallop Racer ago.

Have read a few reviews and all seem positive.

Yes, Ive just got G1 jockey 3 and im finding it difficult to get used to it, it's extremely complicated to be honest...i much prefer gallop racer. In G1, the momentum of the horse sees to stop when you whip him in gallop it interrupts nothing....as of this early stage anyway gallopracer is ahead by a couple of furlongs

Fadetoblack
24th January 2005, 17:37
Plus, the music sounds like something out of benji.

sportingprofit
28th January 2005, 00:45
Have finally got my first win of the season after 5 hours of continouis play (did have it on normal not easy).

This games really fun has great gameplay and is very easy to get use to, the controls are dead simple.

All the horses have different characteristics (e.g hold-up, lead, back of pack) and you get use to been good with one characteristic more than others.

They also have different attributes such as out of the stalls, response etc.

The only downside is it seems to be aimed at under 10 year olds with the graphics been a bit too cartoony outside of the racing.

Only £17 from Play.com, well worth it. :D

Thanks for the recommendation Fadetoblack