PDA

View Full Version : Internet betting

Steven Gerrard
27th January 2005, 19:11
I'm thinking about opening an internet betting account.

But who is the best to go with in your opinion?

And what do i do? I'm thinking about creating a new bank account just for betting purposes and leaving my other one just for pleasure, and money i earn. I can put a little bit into the betting bank account, and that way i can't go overboard if you know what i mean.

And it is asking for credit card, do i really need a credit card? When i create this new account do i need a debit card, or just the account details to give the bettting site?

Thanks for any info.

Workshy
27th January 2005, 19:22
I'd say your best off using betfair with a debit/switch/visa electrion etc card.

Credit cards carries fees.
Betfair offer better odds.

:D

I also have accounts with Ladbrokes, Corals & WH, very rarely used!

markwales
27th January 2005, 19:39
To be successful at this game, you MUST get a Betfair account.

Any major Debit Card will do.

Also, do the right thing by Keith and go through one of the links on the Win2Win homepage.

susanwells
28th January 2005, 10:03
People were successful at this game before Betfair.. I have stopped using them the minute they started asking for copies of my bank statement and my last will and testament and God knows what... if ALL the bokmakers had been obliged to do so that would have been OK but none of the rest have...
I`d go with SUPERODDS.. thanks, Big C, for telling me about them ... they not only give excellent prices but always one point more than SP.. especially useful if, for e.g., you have to put on early bets as you are going out etc.
They don`t do fancy bets but then, if you want to go bankrupt early, the best way is by doing a lot of Lucky 15s and Super Heinzes so...that`d be my choice,any debit/credit card and they won`t ask nosey questions. :hearty

bigcumba
28th January 2005, 10:13
Yep, Superodds are best of any bookies for prices - every winners at SP gets a boost to the next price up, so as Susan says if you need to get the bets on early you know you'll have beaten SP guaranteed!

e55exboi
28th January 2005, 12:29
I see Superodds dont pop up in oddschecker. Sounds lke they would be better than betfair half the time with favourites as usually i get 0.2-0.6 points better if im lucky

Onlyforfun
28th January 2005, 13:30
I don't mind giving Betfair a heavily edited copy of a bank statement and my card. Every other man and his dog seems to want them these days. If we all had compulsory ID cards life would be a lot easier though!

silax
28th January 2005, 14:12
you could always get round it by opening another bank account with a fiver and send them that statement

e55exboi
28th January 2005, 17:14
Why do betfair ask for your bank statement? Dont u mean the bookies?

Win2Win
28th January 2005, 17:31
You need to prove who you are with the exchanges now, same as you always have done with spread firms. Money launderers, druggies, thievies, etc, can freely bet with cash at a bookies :D

e55exboi
28th January 2005, 17:40
Does it apply to those whove already got an account?

Win2Win
28th January 2005, 17:54
Yes.

e55exboi
28th January 2005, 18:09
I take im just in line then, havent heard anything

mathare
28th January 2005, 18:15
Nor have I and I have been with Betfair for about 15 months now

MarcusMel
28th January 2005, 21:33
If you try opening a new bank accout these days you have to find some proof that you are you. Guess it is no different with Betfair. The FSA make it VERY difficult for the homless and dependent wifes to get Bank accounts.

Don't worry mather they will get round to you sometime unless you get in ahead of the time they suspend your account.

e55exboi
28th January 2005, 21:38
:yikes: Suspend your account?
They dont do that do they? They can see my bank statements with pleasure...minus £500 is nothing to hide

John
28th January 2005, 21:41
Yes
And yes.

tophatter
28th January 2005, 21:41
they give you two weeks to fax, email or post them the information. If they don't get it by then they temporarily suspend your account. That is why some people like to get in first and do it rather than say go away on holiday for two weeks and find out on their return their account is suspended

MarcusMel
28th January 2005, 21:42
Yes they do. - They also lose faxes you send to them so if you can email scaned docs probably better than faxes.

e55exboi
29th January 2005, 14:26
:zap

e55exboi
31st January 2005, 14:53
Now i know why! U dont get an extra point at all! Well u do but its no better than betfair cos their fractional odds are profit minus your stake whereas your bookies fractional odds are profit and then your stake back! So if you take sp and not sp plus ud actually end up point worse off!