PDA

View Full Version : Backing & Laying 1 horse

markkirwan
14th February 2005, 02:55
Does anyone know of a calculation tool that lets you back a horse on betfair at say 8/1 and then lay the same horse if it comes in in price say to 3/1. Because a lot of the horses that I look at are at bigger prices in the morning but they quickly shrink in price in the afternoon & i thought there might be a way of covering my bet. (just an afterthought would this also work the other way around e.g. laying a horse ar short odds then backing if it drifts out in the betting).

:geek

John
14th February 2005, 04:48
Hi there Mark,

There are free calculators you can download off the internet, although I've knocked up a very simple one in Excel for you (excludes commission). All the calcs are in place, just change the blue and pink parts and it calculates your potential winnings.

I hope this is the kind of thing you are after.

It doesn't matter which way round you do it (back first/lay first) as long as you get your lay odds lower than your back odds.

Everyone, feel free to improve my calculator if you like!

Hope this has been a help. :)

Win2Win
14th February 2005, 09:35
This is called 'Trading', if you do a search their is a thread just on that subject somewhere.

e55exboi
14th February 2005, 10:27
This may sound very stupid, but once you entered the figures, how do u get the resulting returns?

John
14th February 2005, 14:39
(Stake x Odds) - Stake

e55exboi
14th February 2005, 17:38
Wot i mean is im entering the stakes and odds but the resulting winnings arent processing. Should this be automatic?

MarcusMel
14th February 2005, 17:59
Back High Lay for a bit more Low
If wins you get the diference in Your Win - Your Liability
If lose you get the diference in Your Lay Win -Your Stake

Onlyforfun
14th February 2005, 18:03
Just think Tradi8ng Places (should that not be in the movie Top10?).

Buy high, sell low!

John
14th February 2005, 19:24
Boi, all you have to do is change the blue and pink numbers.

Yes it's automatically set to do this.