PDA

View Full Version : Hotmail with Outlook

Phil
28th February 2005, 15:59
I'm just trying to set my outlook up to send and receive via my hotmail account. I'm having a little trouble, I set it up, tried sending an email to myself to see if it would work and it failed on sending.

Error Unknown. I'm not sure what I've done wrong. I doubt with what I've told you that you will either. :geek

GlosRFC
28th February 2005, 16:09
You know there's a PC Help and Advice forum for these questions, don't you?

Phil
28th February 2005, 16:17
Crap, sorry, feel free to move them mods, I never spotted that.

Thanks Glos

MarcusMel
28th February 2005, 16:26
Moved

GlosRFC
28th February 2005, 16:42
It should work providing that, in the Hotmail account you've set up in OE, the incoming mail server is set to HTTP and the HTTP mail service provider is set to Hotmail.

Can't begin to explain why you can't send without further info.

Phil
28th February 2005, 16:58
Yeh I've done all that, I don't think I'll bother with it, afterall I have msn in the background that links straight to my inbox. I just liked the idea of firefox doing everything for me and displaying my emails.

Thanks.

TheOldhamWhisper
28th February 2005, 17:14
I think hotmail stopped working in Outlook Express when they started charging for it (unless you paid for it of course!) - there should be something on the hotmail site.

Phil
28th February 2005, 17:26
I had an email last week saying that they were stopping acccess to hotmail accounts via outlook.....but only for new hotmail accounts, and providing you have an existing account you can use it.