PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know ......

icebreaker
7th April 2005, 11:23
Hello all,

Does anyone know for certain when an ante-post market on any specific horserace closes. I believe an ante-post market closes at the "final declaration" stage, but, when is the final declaration stage for a race. Like, is there a specified number of hours or days before a race for the final declaration? For instance, if you play the Grand National ante-post on the exchanges you will be told that "this market closes at the final declaration stage" ......... but not told in advance at what time this will occur.

I layed Royal Auclair at 14/1 ............ has drifted out to 33's/40's on the basis of Nicholls saying he might not run due to forecast heavy going. Went on to Betdaq this morning to Back-back the horse a bit for certain profit and find that the market is closed.

Needless to say, I should have known this before making a trade but I have very little experience of Exchange ante-post betting. In pre-exchange days, I did do a little ante-post but that was when you had no other choice but to let the bet ride.

So,.............. would be grateful if anyone knows this "final declaration" lark.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

icebreaker
7th April 2005, 11:27
Oh, ....... and as you are no doubt aware an ante-post market is separate to a "day of race" market. Any bets for trading purposes on ante-post are not carried over to the race market proper. The ante-post trades can only be closed out on the ante-post market.

bigcumba
7th April 2005, 11:30
I think it's 10am the day before the race.

icebreaker
7th April 2005, 11:34
Thanks BigC ................ but the National is, as you know, TWO days away and the market is closed.

Like, I'm wondering if the "final declaration" stage is different for different races.

Would just like to know for future reference.

Onlyforfun
7th April 2005, 11:39
Group / Graded races ar 48 hour decs these days. Some good points, some bad.

sparkyminer
7th April 2005, 11:40
It will state clearly in the rules section, well it does on Betfair, about when the market is open / closed / suspended. It may well re-open later if there is a ballot or similar for the runners today.