PDA

View Full Version : Place Bets...bookies

gogga
15th April 2005, 19:28
I wanted to find out if there are bookies, even better if they are online, that take a place bet. If so will you get your stake + profit back(like in a win bet) if your horse is placed?

presto
15th April 2005, 19:30
betfair do place market's

TheOldhamWhisper
15th April 2005, 19:31
I'll stick my neck out and say NO - Markets are priced up to take into account EW bets. If you are ever on a racecourse, you will often find bookies offering more generous odds than others - these are 'Win Only' bookies who don't need to cover the place markets.

You can back 'place only' on the tote, but this is a 'pool' bet.

TheOldhamWhisper
15th April 2005, 19:32
...and of course there's always Betfair as presto points out.

gogga
15th April 2005, 19:32
Thanks

sparkyminer
15th April 2005, 19:37
Totesport do place betting as well.

Vic
15th April 2005, 19:42
Superodds do place bets only, bit of a slow site but also good for short priced runners as they offer SP+, ie 1 level above SP on all horses, all races.

Merlin
15th April 2005, 19:48
I agree - Super odds are pretty good I use them from time to time.......although I am rarely at the payout counter lately.....:laugh

Another option is that if you fancy 2 horses to place in 2 different races.....bet a 1 point eachway double.........the bookies dont particularly like this bet..coz its less profitable than most other bets they take........

Of course you need the both too be placed....but the added bonus is if they win......naturally the downside is one placed - ie...no return......:yikes:

gogga
15th April 2005, 19:52
Thanks ...will visit them ...