PDA

View Full Version : Help please

Yoda
20th April 2005, 03:37
Whilst pissing about on pattenform I pressed Ctrl and some other buttons ( I think) and now all the text on certain web pages is very small. It seems ok on this site and some others. Is there anything i can do?

Incidently I've tried going into options, selecting advanced, always expand text, re-start, still no joy.

Cheers

Jonah

Win2Win
20th April 2005, 06:54
Click click on the ICON bar at the top of IE, and go to customize. Move the SIZE option to the right side. That's done, so CLOSE.

Then you can use the new icon to change text size on any screen.

GlosRFC
20th April 2005, 08:15
If you held down the CTRL key and used the scroll button on your mouse, that would've changed the text size. :)

All you need do is close down all bar one IE window, click on View, Text Size, select the right size, and then close down the window. Restart IE and it will have "remembered" this size setting.

Win2Win
20th April 2005, 08:30
I have mine set on SMALL all the time, but now and again it resets back to MEDIUM. It only started doing that a couple of months back, and it's annoying. Doesn't happen on my other 2 systems :(

GlosRFC
20th April 2005, 08:41
Could be a number of things conflicting Keith, more often than not the email client you've got installed. Outlook is known to reset Explorer screen sizes and there's a solution on Microsoft's knowledge base. Eudora also resets the size so you'll need to go into that email client and, in Tools, Fonts, change the size to smaller.

If it's not down to your email, follow my advice to Yoda. Close down all but one IE window and select the small text size. Close the window using File, Close (don't click on the X) and it should remember your new setting.

Yoda
20th April 2005, 08:42
Thankyou both.

Jonah

Win2Win
20th April 2005, 08:50
Probably Outlook Glos, I only started using that 2/3 months ago. Great spam filters on it. Will try and hunt down the knowledge base thingy now :)

GlosRFC
20th April 2005, 08:57
If you struggle to find it, I think under Tools, Options, Mail Format tab, Stationery & Fonts, Fonts, International Fonts there's a setting for the font size you want to use in Explorer. Select Small and click the Set as Default option. OK back out and exit Outlook.

Win2Win
20th April 2005, 09:05
Just found this;
- In Outlook 2000, click Options on the Tools menu, and then click the Mail Format tab.
- Under Stationery and Fonts, click Fonts, and then click International Fonts.
- Select the font size that you want to use in Internet Explorer, click Set as Default, and then click OK until you can quit the program. The font size should no longer revert to the former default (medium) in Internet Explorer.

Which confirms what you say....Thanks, done it, and will hold my breadth for a few hours :)

GlosRFC
20th April 2005, 09:11
Good stuff but mind you don't turn blue :D

Win2Win
20th April 2005, 10:00
I've got plenty of cheese :doh