PDA

View Full Version : spreadsheet help needed.

presto
16th May 2005, 03:15
i was looking at the footy lays (preparing for next season already :) ). and was wondering how to go about improving them for next season, bu using different staking plans. let's call this season a practice, as i was rather inconsistent. but i now feel thit i have a pretty goos idea of what S/R etc.... i can expect next time.

i have started a spreadsheet to back fit my result's, but my excel is very basic, and i am unsure about how to go about some of the formulas needed. for example i am not sure how to put a loss into the '% liability section' without doing it manually,

i have included the spreadsheet if i helps.

mathare
16th May 2005, 09:39
You record the odds, result, liability and profit/loss so this is easy enough. At the minute your p/l is based on the odds and liability which is correct but you need to make it conditional.

Change the formula in column G from =F7/C7 to:

=if(D7=1,F7/C7,-F7)

The format of that is IF (condition, what to do if true, what to do if false)

so if D7 = 1 (which I assumed was a winning lay, if not replace the 1 with x) then calculate the stakes you have won, else you lose the liability.

presto
16th May 2005, 15:35
thanks for that mat, i had a feeling it was something to do with an 'IF' statment but i havnt used them before.

cheers