PDA

View Full Version : betfair odds on offer

piggy
28th May 2005, 17:39
just to show how thick i really am iv'e only just noticed this, when backing a longshot allways click on the horse and look at what prices are available in the left hand column they might be quite a lot higher than the screen price this is because there is only £1.99 available, if you then ask for that price you get £1.99 matched.sorry if i'm not explaining this very well , as an example today i was placing my system bets and one happened to be a longshot the best price showing was 85 so i had a look to see what the best priced matched was and noticed it was showing there was £2 @ 590 available so i put 590 in odds required and got £1.99 matched, ive now done this a couple of times and it seems you only get matched if you ask for the exact price because there is not the full £2, if you click on the 85 available and place your bet of £2 it matches at 85 as thats the highest price with the full £2 available. have a look out for this you might get better prices this way

vegyjones
28th May 2005, 18:12
I always thought you get the highest amount available! :yikes:

I shall have to have a looksie from now on!

Cheers Piggy!

Profit Seeker
28th May 2005, 18:13
I just tried matching 10p at all odds that were traded higher than currentlly available on a number of horses without success. Strange one that

piggy
3rd June 2005, 14:09
just did it again 200 being offered on starlight river in the 3-40 so i checked and got 1.99 @350's

icebreaker
3rd June 2005, 15:05
Interesting ....... I hadn't known this!

Nice one, Cheers.

Win2Win
3rd June 2005, 15:31
You do get the highest odds available automatically.

piggy
3rd June 2005, 16:55
i don't know keith it seems to be a glich in the software next time i find one i'll let you know and you can try it for yourself, it would only cost £4 to find out and whats that to a man of your means :D