PDA

View Full Version : Possible value lost...?

Profit Seeker
30th May 2005, 22:12
Im not sure how many members are on this site, but I would assume you're all trying to build your banks to such levels where your betting and laying to huge amounts to fund a rather relaxed lifestyle, possibly a continental one even, hehee. So what I wonder is, if in a few years when your banks are ginormous, will getting your bets matched become increasingly difficult? Will the backing system prices get smaller and smaller and will the lays start being overlayed possibly making the systems alot less profitable? So much money gets matched nowadays on say a 10/1 shot, so when you guys are then asking for a further few grand between you (and the same with other sites), why should anymore people want to back just because your asking for it?
Hope that makes sense, thanks.

markwales
30th May 2005, 22:17
Don't worry too much about liquidity PS.......there's plenty of money turned around on every race on Betfair, much of it being from the on and off course bookies.

We are still small fry, no matter how big our banks become.

2 years ago I never thought I'd be betting to these stakes, but this site has taken me to those heights that at first were scary.

Don't worry about lack of liquidity until it happens, which I will assure you it won't, no matter how big your bank gets.

Mark.

zomby
30th May 2005, 22:18
because there are always still going to be people that don't sign up to (or are stupid enough to disregard) keith's tips ?

Profit Seeker
30th May 2005, 22:31
Ok, sounds good :)

tophatter
30th May 2005, 23:10
There comes a point when you want to start withdrawing a wage as this is the whole point of proffessional gambling. I personally would not want to lay a horse at stakes too much higher than I currently am. Dont forget that as the banks get bigger you also should be lowering your % liability. That is the main aim not increasing stake to levels that are frightening. The lower the % liabity the easier it becomes. For example if you had a bank of £50,000 I think you would be crazy to be laying a horse at over anything over a grand liabilty which is 2%. It should probably be even lower than that. I am currently laying to a very max liabity of £754.00 on a bank of £16,000. Everything now is about slowing that down and lowering that liabilty. Now I budget to make about 30 something BB profit a year - so if I get to a bank of 50K I will be making a Max of 30 grand profit a year which I think is a nice wage. That will be taken as a wage and so bank will stop growing. I just aint prepared to lay horses anymore than a thousand quid when mistakes can be made, days can be missed, systems might not perform. It would be stupidity. So if my biggest amount I lay to is a thousand pound which will be on the longest horse at 16.00 that means a backer(s) I am trying to get matched with wants to stake £66.00. On horses that will be 12/1 or 14/1 I dont think that is too big a bet to get matched. On horses lower than that it is not even a pin prick.

Win2Win
31st May 2005, 08:13
My biggest lay so far this year was £2200 on Rigmarole the other day, and had the bey taken within 10 seconds. That was a combination of a Pro-Loser stake, and a method lay.

Getting £5000 on win/lay is easy as long as your on the first 8 in the market.

In a race like the Derby, you'd easily get rid of £50,000