PDA

View Full Version : Help with CD player

davefretwell
6th June 2005, 17:28
I am having problems playing music CD's or DVD's on my computer player and was wondering if anyone can offer any help.
It was working perfectly well then all of a sudden it has decided not to work.
When I put a CD in and close the draw it makes the sound as if it will start spinning, then doesn't.
When I have checked to see if it is working through the device manager it says it is working properly.
Music CD's will play through my CD writer but not a DVD!
The hard disk light does not come on to show it is busy when a disc is put in.
Help please.

ray7
6th June 2005, 17:41
Is any disc working in it.
If not it sounds liike the drive belt has gone.

Ray

andyp
6th June 2005, 21:44
My CD player has also done this. I put the Cd in and pressed play, the CD spins but then it reads... NO DISC. I got told from the IT guy at work that my CD holder may be dirty and that i should buy a CD cleaning kit (only costs a pound from the pound shop). I am gonna do this tomorrow, so i will let you know if it works. If it does, i suggest you should give it a go?

davefretwell
7th June 2005, 07:10
Cheers m8,
I will try that also.

markwales
7th June 2005, 07:43
My CD player has also done this. I put the Cd in and pressed play, the CD spins but then it reads... NO DISC. I got told from the IT guy at work that my CD holder may be dirty and that i should buy a CD cleaning kit (only costs a pound from the pound shop). I am gonna do this tomorrow, so i will let you know if it works. If it does, i suggest you should give it a go?

Are you sure it costs a pound in the pound shop Andy :D:D

Win2Win
7th June 2005, 08:23
These days just buy a DVD writer for £35.