PDA

View Full Version : Is this right?

Stewards enquiry
11th June 2005, 18:55
I didn't know this. From another forum.
"Place betting pays on an 8+ runner race the first 3 places, and on an original minimum 5 runner race the first 2 places, same as the bookies.

However, Betfair pay out on these races even if there are non runners as follows:

Original 8 runner race with up to 4 n/r, 3 places.

Original 5 runner race with up to 2 n/r, 2 places.

Forcasted 6 & 7 runner races pay 2 places so long as a minimum of 3 horses run.

In other words there has to be an unplaced horse in the race results."

So if you lay a horse when there are 8 or more runners and there are 4 non runners you have still layed that horse to finish in the first three even though there are only 4 runners. Is that right? I appreciate the price will have come down.

TheOldhamWhisper
11th June 2005, 18:57
That's pretty much it - be VERY careful, especially playing the US place markets!

presto
11th June 2005, 19:00
correct,

betfair do not change the ammount of places paid, no matter how many NR's there are.

unless it ends up being a 3 runner race (with 3 places on offer) - then the market is void. - happened last night in the US (something like 8 NR's)

BUT - for every NR there will be a reduction factor (a hefty one). so you wont lose out too much, if there is plenty of NR's

Stewards enquiry
11th June 2005, 19:02
Thanks. Well you live and learn.I had been thinking that after I had layed a horse say in a 8 runner field and there was a non runner I would only have to pay out if the selected horse was in the first two. Now I know.