PDA

View Full Version : change of email address

sparkyminer
17th June 2005, 00:13
Now I've cancelled my tiscali broadband. Is there anyway to get at my emails from their server?

KC*
17th June 2005, 04:23
Sparky as far as I'm aware when you cancel an account such as broadband with any ISP your e-mail account is also cancelled which would mean all e-mails to that e-mail address will bounce back.

If however you requested to Tiscali that you wish to keep your e-mail address and therefore they did not cancel your account but transferred it from broadband to a 'pay as you go' sort of account then you can still collect your e-mails in the normal way, the only difference in your account details in your email client would be your outgoing mail server (SMTP) as this would now be your new ISP's.

Hope this helps.

KC

Win2Win
17th June 2005, 08:17
Usually you have to pay a 'fee' to keep your address active, or at least ask for a redirect.

Sandman
18th June 2005, 13:32
you can usually receive email from an account without using the isp that provides it.
Try using Outlook Express to collect your mail.
In my experience, it takes weeks, if not months, before the ISP will disable the email account. With Tiscali, you could even try to use their webmail facility.

sparkyminer
20th June 2005, 22:54
My new broadband is now working but I've still got a tiscali dial up account. Can I get my e-mails off that?