PDA

View Full Version : Betfair - Which Browsers?

John
18th June 2005, 14:49
Hi folks,

Apart from Internet Explorer, what other browsers is Betfair optimised for? In other words, what other browsers are there no problems in when using Betfair? My patience is running thin this afternoon with Firefox.

Thanks people.

presto
18th June 2005, 14:58
using mozilla firefox right now (not by choice) - but this dosn't work well with betfair at all, the scroll wheel dosn't seem to work on the 'market's' colum. and i have to scroll down to press submit, the my bet's box goes down to the bottom of the screen - so on a 20 runner race you have to scroll all the way down to press submit.

i also have 2 betfair account's open and it was duplicating the bet's from one account to the other. - not actually placing the bet's, but the bet matrix was duplicated - showing red / green numbers.

not sure if it is the browser or the setup but IE works fine. so i would stick to that.

vegyjones
18th June 2005, 15:01
Betfair doesn't work on IE for me
but is fine on Firefox!

It is the only website that I use firfox for actually :D

mathare
18th June 2005, 15:07
Before Workshy says it, I shall.

Avant

It uses the IE engine but is tabbed and groovy

vegyjones
18th June 2005, 15:21
You haven't what?? :doh

John
18th June 2005, 16:52
Presto, those kind of things are exactly what happen to me! In addition the market often stretches further right, so horizontal scrolling is necessary, most annoying. Mat, thanks, I'll try Avant.

Stewards enquiry
19th June 2005, 10:00
I have the same problems with Firefox. I find that if I go off the site and log onto the site again it helps but its annoying. Some people rave about Firefox but as I have said in the past I find some pages load better on IE. I have been told that Firefox helps to stop more virus attacks than IE but I dont know if that is true.Is Avant safe to use?

mathare
19th June 2005, 10:44
Avant is perfectly safe as far as I can tell, yeah.

Never used Firefox as once I found Avant I stopped looking at other browsers. The ability to set up groups (I have groups of racing sites, football sites, W2W forums etc that I can open in one click), multiple windows open in one browser session (tabbed browser), pop-up blocker and the multitude of other useful options (aliases, use different mouse movements/clicks for shortcuts for various actions etc) is amazing. A massive improvement on the IE front end while still using the engine means you have user-friendly tool that virtually every website is compatible with. As you've seen many sites don't like Firefox

Stewards enquiry
19th June 2005, 10:48
Thanks for the reply.

John
19th June 2005, 11:28
Downloaded Avant this morning, looks and works the partand does all the things you said Mat, goodness knows why I didn't like it first time I tried it a while back!

Cheers.