PDA

View Full Version : Java

Sandman
30th June 2005, 17:14
Ooo Oops! I seem to have destroyed the previous tread in this section. My apologies. It should have read as below:

In Internet Explorer, select INTERNET OPTIONS from the TOOLS menu. This will open the INTENRET OPTIONS screen.
Click on the ADVANCED tab.
Scroll down until you find the JAVA (Sun) section. Ensure that the box, or boxes are all ticked. Mine says "Use Java 2 v1.4.2_03 for *applet* (requires restart).
You will then need to close Internet Explorer, and open it again.
Java should then work. If it does not, then it is not the Browser settings at fault.
You should then download the latest version from Sun (link provided on previous post).
Good luck!

GlosRFC
30th June 2005, 23:15
They'll need to download the Sun Java machine first before the option to select it appears. Once they've done that, then they should follow your instructions, i.e. Internet Explorer, Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, Java (Sun), select the Use JRE xxx.xxx.xxx for applet.
Scroll a bit further to Microsoft VM and deselect Java Console enabled.
Click Apply, close IE and relaunch.
If the Sun JM doesn't run, then reboot and launch IE.

Win2Win
1st July 2005, 08:26
I can't edit that thread now!! Hope it doesn't crash the forum...

GlosRFC
1st July 2005, 09:21
Can't Sandman go back in and simply delete the word applet between angled brackets?

Win2Win
1st July 2005, 09:51
Nope, the EDIT doesn't appear. I'll have to do it the long way when I get time, but I'm not doing the backup with that in it.

Sandman
1st July 2005, 23:52
Sorry
:geek

sparkyminer
2nd July 2005, 00:07
Sorry
:geek
What did you do? :doh

Sandman
2nd July 2005, 12:52
I just entered what was in my Internet Settings EXACTLY. I didn't realise that the word *applet* in between < and > would cause a problem.
It has destroyd the thread, and not even the Edit button appears.

I WON'T make that mistake again!!

Apologies to all.

GlosRFC
2nd July 2005, 18:30
I shouldn't worry too much - it's not the first time that someone's inadvertantly posted HTML tags and there are a couple of tags that might've caused even more damage. There was an entire thread that just consumed itself and all subsequent posts last month :D

Keith would probably disable the vBulletin HTML code option if he was worried.

Win2Win
2nd July 2005, 18:54
I've disabled SANDMAN instead :D

GlosRFC
2nd July 2005, 19:10
That was always an option :D

Sandman
2nd July 2005, 20:23
Hehehe
Thanks a lot!

:yikes: