PDA

View Full Version : Volume gone...

Workshy
17th July 2005, 12:40
My music is alot quieter today. I see no reason why.

The volume control is up full across all bars. My sound driver/software (soundmax) is all set up fine. Checked the connections at the back of the pc. Same story with several songs.

Any ideas?

TheOldhamWhisper
17th July 2005, 12:47
Sorry to state the obvious, but is there a volume control on your speakers?

mathare
17th July 2005, 12:49
Have you cleaned your ears out?

Workshy
17th July 2005, 12:57
Yes, both were done before I posted :laugh

I've checked the obvious Oldham, which is why I'm baffled (pun!)

mathare
17th July 2005, 13:02
Have you installed any new software, changed any OS settings or installed any Windows updates/patches since your volume was last OK?

tophatter
17th July 2005, 13:03
Can you borrow some speakers off a mate? That way you can find out if the problem lies with the speakers or the pc

Workshy
17th July 2005, 13:14
TH, this an idea I'll have to do if i cant fix it today. :)

Mat, nothing mate, nothing has been done since yesterday, this is why I'm so confused. Volume up full (on speakers & pc) but its about as loud as it was on 30% approx before :doh

mathare
17th July 2005, 13:19
Mat, nothing mate, nothing has been done since yesterday, this is why I'm so confused. Volume up full (on speakers & pc) but its about as loud as it was on 30% approx before :dohAre you the same distance away from your speakers as you were before? :wink

Workshy
17th July 2005, 13:22
Are you the same distance away from your speakers as you were before? :wink

Oops, I seemed to have misled you, I should've mentioned the new wireless mouse, keyboard and new projecter I purchased in a Tesco car park late last night :doh :)

DaveW
17th July 2005, 13:24
Do headphones work ?

if your on XP have you tried system restore to a time when the sound was okay

MarcusMel
17th July 2005, 13:41
Pot(=potentiameter) may have failed in the sound card or speakers.

Aside: A potentiameter is a variable resister that can be used in an electronic circuit to control the volume on speakers.

I'm an :butthead: sometimes :fizz: