PDA

View Full Version : Excel Problem

markwales
23rd July 2005, 10:35
Morning all,

I've been pulling my hair out this morning with the Racing Sim excel Spreadsheet.

Problem : Everytime I save or calulate on any worksheet within the workbook, it STILL says 'calculate' in the bottom left hand corner of the screen. It then takes upwards of 30 secs to 'calculate' again before saving.

I've set it to 'manual' calculation to stop it from doing it every time I enter a number, but it's driving me mad.

Surely once it calculates, there should be no need to do it again if I don't change anything???

Any ideas?
Mark.

markwales
23rd July 2005, 10:36
By the way, it's a very big spreadsheet !!! and not one I can send to someone to take a look at as it's THE Sim !!!

Win2Win
23rd July 2005, 10:36
Use a calculator :D

TheOldhamWhisper
23rd July 2005, 11:07
In Tools>Options Calculation tab, is the 'Recalculate before save' box checked?

markwales
23rd July 2005, 11:12
Yes it is/was checked.....I've tried it on Auto and manual save.

Tried changing options again, and it even calculates when I close the Options Tab without making any changes!!......I just thought that once something calculates, it shouldn't nee to do it again unless a change had been made?

Yesterday it was running as normal. Pressing F9 to calc would take a split second. I've not added or changed anything (as far as I'm aware), but now it takes forever! and once it finishes it tells you to calculate again!

TheOldhamWhisper
23rd July 2005, 11:23
Are the any calculations linked to other Workbooks (esp. if using books created in different versions)?

You could also try calculating each individual sheet (Shift + F9) to see if any one sheet is taking longer than the others.

markwales
23rd July 2005, 11:32
Shift + F9 did the trick !!!!

Found out it was the race engine page, so deleted each race subset one by one, and it was the Relay Races causing chaos....All is now hunky dorey.

Many thanks for the help Oldham......Oh, and Kieth :doh

bigcumba
23rd July 2005, 11:41
Had me worried when I saw you asking for Excel help Mark... had this horrible thought that the Sim had gone wrong somehow :yikes: Whew! :D

markwales
23rd July 2005, 11:48
had this horrible thought that the Sim had gone wrong somehow :yikes: Whew! :D

That's why I asked for the help.....I DID think it had gone wrong !!! Although I have backups made after each weekly update. So it would just have been a case of re-doing the week 14 and the BC updates. (Only about 2-3 days work :yikes:)