26th July 2005, 09:50
Im having a fun bet on the footy leagues for the coming season as follows

Crystal Palace - Championship 6.00
Tranmere - League 1 10.00
Northampton - League 2 7.00
Marseille - Le Championat 8.00
Middlesbrough (+29 Handicap ) Premier 16.00
Tottenham Without Big Three - Premier 7.50

I dont do multiple bets on the racing so i have no idea which is a decent multiple for the above going each way. I was going for 4/5-6 folds but if anyone has a better option please shout.
cheers
JON

AngieS
26th July 2005, 10:48
Johnny I would do them as separate bets. You have 6 selections which would be a heinz 57 bets @ a £1 for example would cost you £57 which sounds very expensive for a fun bet and does not include singles and if one goes down you've lost over half your bets.

I would do 6 x £1.00 win singles
15x50p win doubles
20x25p win trebles etc
Reduce your stake as the odds are getting more and more agains you.

Regards

Angie

Stewards enquiry
26th July 2005, 13:03
Total stake on singles 29.96 (Or more if you wish. Just amend the stakes)
CP= £6.85
Tran=4.10
North= 5.86
Mar=5.12
Midd=2.58
Spurs=5.45

Work out how much you get if one/two/three etc wins.
You could also throw in a few doubles/trebles at lower stakes for a bigger return but more risk.

Jonny2621
26th July 2005, 13:07
Cheers guys n gals :fizz

Merlin
26th July 2005, 13:45
Jon,

You will have a problem placing a straight multiple on these because you have two selections for the Premier league.........Bookies wont accept this bet as a multiple...

To place a multiple you will either have to drop one of the Premier selections.....or place 2 bets with 5 selections...

An idea at the prices is to place 2 LUCKY 31 BETS......which would be 2 seperate multiple bets........one winner you get double the odds for a single.......and will cover some of the bet if you only get 1 winner.......

Merlin
26th July 2005, 22:35
Jon,

One of the other ways of doing these is to do trebles or 4 timers (you could also do singles on Betfair)....

Depending on the performance of your selections - by doing trebles or 4 timers - you will have the opportunity to guarantee a return and therefore save your stake - at least... (for instance, by laying of the last leg of a treble or 4 timer on Betfair)...

fez
26th July 2005, 23:35
if palace can hang on to a. Johnson then 1 bet might be as good as it gets! Sorry to rain on your parade but boro on the handicap! Those muppets have been trying to buy 4th spot for years - now its Yakubu's turn to fire them to glory? Think Vaduka, Maccarone, Nemeth, etc - Don't think so. Similarly - spurs are trying to buy 4th too. Edgar Davids has just signed - great! Expect lengthy injuries - especially whenit gets cold.

Best footy bets so far. Top goalscorers - premier league. Defoe 16/1 ew. Crespo 16/1 ew. Prem Points Spread betting (my speciality! success last 3 seasons) still need to finalise my selections, but if you cant wait - buy Blackburn pts & Portsmouth pts. I wont put my money where my mouth is until the last minute but these are the 2 I'm takinga very serious look at.

Jonny2621
27th July 2005, 00:32
Yes the 2 Premiership bets were not accepted as a multiple so I've dropped them both and done e/w lucky 15s, cheers guys