PDA

View Full Version : Betfair Question Please

Larsson7
2nd August 2005, 12:46
...I really don't use Betfair , however was looking at Celtic Vs Artmedia game tonight....it says Celtic to qualify Back 14.5..£11....Lay..15.5..£27.

Does that mean that the sum total of £11 has been wagered at 14.5 for Celtic to qualify....and the sum total of £27 wagered against Celtic going through ??

Thanks .

Workshy
2nd August 2005, 12:48
It means somebody wants to lay £11 @ 14.5 (thus is available for you to back at that price) and someone else wants to back £27 @ 15.5 (this being the price you can match a lay at currently).

vegyjones
2nd August 2005, 12:48
£11 is what is available at 14.5 to back Celtic...

15.5 is what is available to lay them...

The matches figures can be seen by clicking on the name of the market!

Larsson7
2nd August 2005, 13:00
Thanks lads.....never knew there were so many markets available...mission for the weekend is to read up on Betfair..

bigcumba
2nd August 2005, 13:10
mission for the weekend is to read up on Betfair..

Apart from all the different markets available, you'll find a lot better odds on Betfair, especially on longer priced bets. Plus of course the in-running markets are second to none for the football:)

Larsson7
2nd August 2005, 13:23
Apart from all the different markets available, you'll find a lot better odds on Betfair, especially on longer priced bets. Plus of course the in-running markets are second to none for the football:)

I have an account with Betfair , but really haven't used it. I tend not to sit at my pc and place bets..perhaps I should .

As I am sure I have said on here before , I openly admit that I really don't know how to gamble .