PDA

View Full Version : pc problem

Profit Seeker
3rd August 2005, 21:40
I been unable to get on line today as my girlfriend threw a pady and kept booting the tower of my pc> now things are erm a bit odd> for a start my mouse an dkeyboard are doing strange things< like doing all the wrong things> wehn clicking on a window it closes and alsorts of rubbish> what can i do??

vegyjones
3rd August 2005, 21:41
what can i do??
Don't annoy your girlfriend! :D

Profit Seeker
3rd August 2005, 21:44
what a great help! where@s that poll you did again? MY OC IS SHAGGED! CLIcking on anything opens a new window

vegyjones
3rd August 2005, 21:45
MY OC IS SHAGGED!
I think this may be where the problem lies?? Ooo

Profit Seeker
3rd August 2005, 21:50
could it be that i need to reinstall mouse and keyboard drivers? vegy don@t reply

Profit Seeker
3rd August 2005, 22:07
It keeps going back to normal then going wrong again. It went back to normal, so i plugged wireless mouse back in and it went barmy again, reverted back to standard mouse unplugging wireless and it's gone back to normal. Wonder if it's the USB's messing things about, they're roughly at the height level where the bootings took place! Only the kicks were to the front not the back.

Profit Seeker
3rd August 2005, 22:25
Problem solved!! :laugh You're not going to believe this, it's almost too embarrassing to post :laugh
I use a wireless mouse and up until my gf spilled juice all over it, a wireless keyboard. So I had to revert back to the normal keyboard and just chucked it behind the sofa. Well in her frenzy, something had fallen onto the wireless keyboard and a button or two was constantly being pressed, seomehow causing total mayhem with mice too. :laugh Well thank :censored: for that! No relieved "phew" smilie to utilise!

presto
3rd August 2005, 22:31
check the tower - make sure everything is plugged in properly, check inside aswell. - as if something is only half plugged in you sometimes get strange happenings.

then run scandisk - should pick up any problems.

then make up with the girlfriend, and appologise to the irish man she threw. (is that why she was mad at you - you were at it with an irish man ::hump ) - then tape a few pillows to the tower unit. to avoid any more violent outburst problems. and tell her 'dosn't it look so much better now it matches the curtains'. and i am sure she will forgive you.

mathare
3rd August 2005, 22:33
Sounds like you need a new one Profit Seeker.

And by that I mean PC and girlfriend :D

Profit Seeker
3rd August 2005, 22:36
:laugh Good one guys. At least she saved me from a loss today :D

Profit Seeker
3rd August 2005, 22:51
On the subject of mice and keyboards, I've been looking on ebay for laser mice. Most of them are the logitech mx 1000, a web search shows quite a tolerance in it's selling price from £35 to £55 :doh Current bids are just £10 on ebay though. I also noticed looking at a few feedbacks, logitech wireless mice n boards (not laser) have gone for like £7 :yikes: I've seen them for over £50 in the shops. Now in my experience, nearly everything on ebay that is brand new isn't far off the usual selling price, but in this department there is serious bargains to be found!

mathare
3rd August 2005, 23:01
I have a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse I got for £20 OEM from Ebuyer. I loved it so much I bought my mum one for christmas. We are both very happy with them

vegyjones
3rd August 2005, 23:03
Of course Mat is saving up for the fabalistic
keyboard that has display icons on the buttons! Ooo

presto
4th August 2005, 01:40
i got a laser mouse from dell 'misprice' a while ago for £2.50 and i hated it - it was jerking everywhere, like i had altzimers and was on speed - so i gave it away.

then i got a new PC with the same mouse - it does exactly the same, to the point that it is un-usable - then i tried the chepo mouse mat they supplied. - it worked perfectly. - i checked again on my old mouse mat, and quickly discovered every time the colour's change it skips.

moral of the story - make sure your mouse mat is 1 colour.

Win2Win
4th August 2005, 08:42
Why do people stick with mice instead of trackballs? Mice are old technology, and a pain in the ass, especially for game playing. I get my bets on much quicker with a trackball than a mouse, as you never run out of table!

Profit Seeker
4th August 2005, 11:37
I play plenty of games and have never heard anyone mention a trackball. Looking it up, that ball thingy looks a bit difficult to control. Does it take some getting used to?

Win2Win
4th August 2005, 11:58
Yes very difficult you have to learn to use two fingers and a thumb without moving your wrist across the table causing a repetitive injury. :rolleyes:

If you can pick your nose, you can use a trackball. Takes less energy than a mouse, and you just flick it to move the mouse from one side to the other.

Win2Win
4th August 2005, 11:58
I use Logitech Marbles.

Profit Seeker
4th August 2005, 12:28
I'll take your word for it :) Just it looks difficult if you want to move to a precise point at say a 65% angle. Also moving and firing at the same time, button finger would now be middle instead of forefinger. Would take some time to change I'd say. Still, I'll try a cheapie.

Workshy
4th August 2005, 12:31
I use trackball, took a few hours getting used to but very accurate & easy.

Profit Seeker
4th August 2005, 12:38
Presto I reckon your laser mouse was crap because it was worth £2.50. Logitech laser mice are raved about by gamers and are the most accurate and responsive kind of mouse I've heard of. The main thing I like is the thought of being able to recharge it instead of my wireless mouse batteries running out at crucial times, like when 5 people are all in when I've got a royal flush :laugh

Win2Win
4th August 2005, 13:26
I can move my trackball one pixel, or across the 19" screen very easily, and faster than a mouse. You may notice that CAD engineers, the firing computer on nuke subs, etc all use trackballs.

Workshy
4th August 2005, 13:28
And the golf games in pubs :D

vegyjones
4th August 2005, 13:28
Do you have to check them for lumps :doh