PDA

View Full Version : Wrong name

stenaylor
16th September 2005, 20:15
Hi
I FOLLOWED THE FUN TRIXIE TODAY AND ALL THREE WON , ONLY THING IS ONE HORSE WAS CALLED MAGIC NOTE BUT IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN MUSIC NOTE . WILL I GET PAID OUT OR WILL I HAVE TO ARGUE WITH THE BOOKIE ?

STE

Merlin
16th September 2005, 20:22
If you timed the race - you should be OK.....the major bookies will pay you....however, if you didnt write the time of the race...it will depend if there are any horses with the word MAGIC in their name running today...:yikes: You will have to check the ABC of todays runners......if there were no horses with the name Magic and it is untimed.....you should be OK.....

Hope you timed the races -

Win2Win
16th September 2005, 20:25
...and I'll do a 100 lines .....:)

Win2Win
16th September 2005, 20:26
.....that's the 2nd one this week......and placepot followers had £212 the other day.....all for free :)

Merlin
16th September 2005, 20:30
.....that's the 2nd one this week......and placepot followers had £212 the other day.....all for free :)

WHAM-SPAM-THANK YOU MAAM.........

Ooopssss. its your site....:laugh

Profit Seeker
16th September 2005, 20:45
Talking of wrong names, who thought they were quids in when C4 commentator shouted the wrong horse home, Ellen's Academy with similar colours to actual winner Machinist. Ooo Saying that though, commentators do a great job. I can't see jack on telly in big split field handicaps, you don't have a hope of spotting colours. So if they're looking through bins how do they remember every horses name without looking at the list?

Win2Win
16th September 2005, 21:06
The Betfair markets usually react to that.....iditos :) Didn't take advantage of it today though :(

stenaylor
16th September 2005, 22:01
I Timed The Race So I Hope It's A Pay Out

Win2Win
16th September 2005, 22:04
Bit old fashioned using a High Street bookie!! :)

presto
17th September 2005, 00:56
Talking of wrong names, who thought they were quids in when C4 commentator shouted the wrong horse home, Ellen's Academy with similar colours to actual winner Machinist. Ooo Saying that though, commentators do a great job. I can't see jack on telly in big split field handicaps, you don't have a hope of spotting colours. So if they're looking through bins how do they remember every horses name without looking at the list?

i had a fair few dutches in that race, and was watching the race closely on betfair. at the end the odd's were machinist 1.10 - 2.00 and ellens academy 1.10 - 1.50 . when ellens academy was called the winner by the commentator. i was a bit pissed because i thaught 'ellens academy' must have came from nowhere (40's on betfair). to beat machinist. the female then said machinist was the winner, then i got really confused.

so i looked at the replay, and wondered how they couldn't call the winner as it was clear cut.

there were a couple more examples of commentator / punter cock-ups last week.

when 'roll the dice' had it's fall and demise. the commentator said another horse fell - some punter laid it @ 999/1 only for the commentator to call the wrong horse, the 999/1 went on to win.

i think the same day (or the day after) there were 2 horses with 'doctor' in there name - another punter / comentator cock up.

so it's probably worth remembering for IR punters to make sure they know which horse they are following.

MarcusMel
17th September 2005, 01:00
WillHill's comentary was acurate for that race as I recall it.