PDA

View Full Version : commentary question

wb
17th September 2005, 16:16
does anyone know if there are any good radio stations (that you can access online) with racing commentary that would be quick enough for betting in running?? my digital tv is on the blink and have to get it sorted.

thanks

presto
17th September 2005, 16:19
you simply cannot use online commentary for betting IR. it has massive delays.

wb
17th September 2005, 16:22
you simply cannot use online commentary for betting IR. it has massive delays.

Ok, will have to get the tele sorted. also i have another question (about betfair) that i posted somewhere but seems to have got lost:

can anyone tell me if your bet is unmatched at the off, is the price you offer carried through to the betting in running market, or does the bet get cancelled at the off?

presto
17th September 2005, 16:23
it get's cancled.

bigcumba
17th September 2005, 16:23
delays on online commentary can be 30 seconds and more - as for your Betfair question, unmatched bets get cancelled at the off

Win2Win
17th September 2005, 16:25
Some races are over before the online radio says OFF!!

wb
17th September 2005, 16:26
thanks lads,

im still a very new at laying so my questions probrally seem a bit silly :(

Its only my 3rd day at laying - managed to get very slightly in profit today. I missed some good lays because of the :censored: four euro minimum stake. Its hard to match some of them if your bank is fairly small.

thanks again

MarcusMel
17th September 2005, 16:28
Not possible by the time the computer has compressed the sound file and streamed it to you its too late! Even television is too slow.

Onlyforfun
17th September 2005, 19:36
Some races are over before the online radio says OFF!!

What have I done now? :helper

Win2Win
17th September 2005, 20:13
You'll have to change your name to DEDOODODONTDEAY!!

Iron Chris
17th September 2005, 21:52
I missed some good lays because of the :censored: four euro minimum stake. Its hard to match some of them if your bank is fairly small.

I am sure one of the mods would put the forum link up for you as it has been explained on here several times that you can get round the minimum bet on betfair. :)

wb
17th September 2005, 21:54
I am sure one of the mods would put the forum link up for you as it has been explained on here several times that you can get round the minimum bet on betfair. :)

thanks chris, somebody explained it to me upstairs, and i made a small profit today using mainly 2 euro :)

Iron Chris
17th September 2005, 21:58
thanks chris, somebody explained it to me upstairs, and i made a small profit today using mainly 2 euro :)

No problem & well done for today.