PDA

View Full Version : Poetry???!!!!!

TheOldhamWhisper
12th October 2005, 22:15
OK, poetry might not be everyone's cup of tea.

Instead of watching tonight's 'friendly', I somehow got talked into going to see a group of guys who go by the name of 'BrothaTalk' at Failsworth Library!

If you ever get chance to see this show, GO and see them! It'll probably be free and the attendances for their gigs(currently) are very small - there were about 20 people at this one.

These guys were superb - think 8-mile meets the Comedy Store!

bigcumba
12th October 2005, 22:24
Sounds interesting Oldham - if you liked that you should check out some of Henry Rollins spoken word recordings... he's a very intelligent ranter!

Win2Win
12th October 2005, 22:39
I'll get my pink handbag out then........

TheOldhamWhisper
30th October 2007, 21:11
Just to let you know that Brothatalk are off to Brighton to perform at the Hove Town Hall as part of 'The History of Hair' Show - http://www.citylocal.co.uk/cities/Brighton/events/event/1958

If you have nothing planned for Nov. 4th, you could do worse than pop by and listen to these guys.

bigcumba
30th October 2007, 21:49
If you have nothing planned for Nov. 4th, you could do worse than pop by and listen to these guys.

With typical good timing my mother in law has decided to have her birthday on that day (for some reason she chooses that day every year!)... so it's an early dinner for us as I'm also working that night .... :ermmm