PDA

View Full Version : Place prices (history)

andyp
14th October 2005, 14:22
Not sure if i have posted this in the correct thread, but please feel free to move it if you wish?!

Anyway to my question, Is there anyway i could trace a price of a horse to be placed from betfair. My new system selected Yankee George at Newmarket 2:00, unfortunately due to work i did not get chance to put my bet on. Is there any way i could see what the price was for the horse to be placed on Betfair for my records?

p.s The horse actually was placed.. it finished 2nd!

sparkyminer
14th October 2005, 14:28
oddschecker?

andyp
14th October 2005, 15:54
I cant find the history for Betfair placed prices on Oddschecker, sparky. Thanks for the suggestion. Anyone else got any other ideas?

vegyjones
14th October 2005, 16:09
On my Betfair account...

£200 will get you the answer :D

andyp
14th October 2005, 16:23
Here you go Vegy..... £200 :D

Do you know the answer? pretty please, this is me grovelling!

sparkyminer
14th October 2005, 16:26
I cant find the history for Betfair placed prices on Oddschecker, sparky. Thanks for the suggestion. Anyone else got any other ideas?
I thought that if you clicked on the horse, it showed you all the prices up to start of the race!

vegyjones
14th October 2005, 16:46
I thought that if you clicked on the horse, it showed you all the prices up to start of the race!
Only until the race is settled Sparky... then they delete the race :yikes:

I was only joking andy, i really don't know,

but probably at a guess, about 1.7 - 1.8

sparkyminer
14th October 2005, 17:04
It does. :) It even gives you the option of daily, weekly and monthly. :wiggle:

vegyjones
14th October 2005, 17:10
I see now Sparky :D

But unfortunately for andy, gives win price history...
not the place price history! :(

sparkyminer
14th October 2005, 17:14
not the place price history! :(
Good point mate. :rolleyes: :)

andyp
14th October 2005, 18:21
Thanks for trying guys. Much appreciated.

bigcumba
14th October 2005, 18:31
Your only other alternative Andy is to check what the Tote paid for the place - might not be too accurate a comparison but it'll give you an idea anyway - just checked - it paid 1.7

andyp
14th October 2005, 18:51
Your only other alternative Andy is to check what the Tote paid for the place - might not be too accurate a comparison but it'll give you an idea anyway - just checked - it paid 1.7

Thanks BigC, at least i can use this as a rough guide, where did you find this info please?

bigcumba
14th October 2005, 19:08
It actually gives you that info on the Sporting Life results pages - I have the settlers page bookmarked

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/pop/settlers.auto?/opt/ASFapache/htdocs/site/racing/results/settlers.insdat

I've highlighted the bit you want in red - the amount is the return including your £1 stake

<TABLE cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>2.00 </TD><TD align=middle colSpan=2>Newmarket </TD></TR><TR><TD>1st </TD><TD>8 Erytheis (USA) </TD><TD>5-1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>2nd </TD><TD>3 Yankee George (IRE) </TD><TD>4-1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>3rd </TD><TD>9 Musical Guest (IRE) </TD><TD>16-1 </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3><!-- blank line -->Tote Win £4.90

Pl £2.00, £1.70, £5.90
EX £16.50
SF £23.35
Tricast £301.88
Winning Trainer Sir Michael Stoute
Winning Jockey K Fallon
Distances sh, 1l
High Curragh 7-2 fav
12 ran
Non runners 1

</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left colSpan=3>Weighed In </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

andyp
14th October 2005, 19:17
BigC, thanks a lot. This is what i needed... have some of the good stuff (rep)

bigcumba
14th October 2005, 19:20
Cheers Andy! You can back these to place using the Tote Sport website - worth having an account with them anyway to do the odd placepot when it takes your fancy. I think Keith might have an affiliate link to them on the main W2W page - if you use that and sign up he gets a wee bonus.... not that he needs it of course. :D