PDA

View Full Version : my bank is still building nicely now for improvement

dances
21st October 2005, 18:08
hi people . i started my bank at ithin 11 euro its now 206 euro :wiggle: .
thats not the problem fact thats great. any how i accumalated this bank on an uneven scale of betting . eg 1 euro each way but on mayb 3 selections in 1 race total 6 euro . etc. i now need to knw bout staking properly like if i like 10 of the tips given on the site for tomorrow raceing do i back all 10 an if so wats the max points and doesnt that exceed my max points. eg if i say rite my bank is 200 euro 5% stakeing plan my stake is 5 euro so if i like 10 horses ive only got 5 euro to back with is that how it works or is it 5 euro 0n 10 horses which is 50 :doh :doh :doh . please be nice with the replies guys.
also i am setting up a raceing club kind of . well some of us in work love horses and raceing so i told them about this site an we are all going to join and try trade off each other with information etc. it should be fun. :D

dances
21st October 2005, 18:09
oops some spelling errors racing racing one hundred times

icebreaker
21st October 2005, 18:14
well some of us in work love horses and raceing so i told them about this site an we are all going to join :D

Say it isn't so, Dancer ........... pleeeeease say it isn't so. :wiggle:

Profit Seeker
21st October 2005, 18:20
You've gone from 11 to 206 betting 1.00 each ways??? Hmmm.

The thing with this site bud is that the selections aren't there to decide which ones will win or not. You either do all of them or none of them if you want to profit in the long run. If you've won that amount that quickly, it will disappear just as quick, trust.

dances
21st October 2005, 21:13
hi again guys . i dont know what you mean by ur reply icebreaker. anyhow let me explain ive built up the bank yes to 206 but its because ive been kind of lucky as well.take today 4 instance i backed colloquial 4/1 in dubai 4/1 and in the 4.40 i had tony the tap 10/1 beaver patrol 12/1 idle power 25/1 all 1 euro each way those were the wins or return bets. smokin beau 7/1 golden dixie 9/1 alpine gold/ mith hill these were losses all these horses were in the same races . thats why i need a level stakeing plan or a max bet amount each day an if i reach it and fancy a horse i like then its tough ive made my bets for the day. im learning guys an all advice will be appreciated.

wb
21st October 2005, 22:07
Hi dances. Im glad you are doing well, but where are you getting the horses from? I feel you may have been a bit lucky, and could wipe your bank as quick as you made it. One thing to make sure you are doing is seperate your bets. for example, set aside money for A+ bets, your own bets, etc. I know its hard when you probrally have one betting account, but long term, if you use the same bank for all bets you will loose. the reason is that each system is based over a different time frame, so they cant be mixed. the best advice I could give is to make sure you seperate your own bets from the win2win ones. dont get me wrong here, but you are a beginner at picking horses, so you will get your fingers burn while learning. (Im talking from experience here)
Another thing to do is set up a betfair account. the prices are almost always better.
hope you dont think im taking a dig here, but i blew about 6 banks in the past 2 years, each of them about 100 or 200 each. I have learned the hard way to cop on a bit now :) here is a link to some staking advice by keith.
good luck, Wayne
http://www.win2win.co.uk/staking.html

presto
21st October 2005, 22:21
why not put your bet's up on the forum before the races, some people look at aftertiming as bad etiquette. it would also be well worth getting a betfair account (use site link), as your profit would be more than doubled.

deja vu :doh
http://www.win2win.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=32702

dances
22nd October 2005, 11:33
thanks guys il look into betfair some more. the only thing i didnt like about betfair is that they take a % of your winnings am i right. also it is not always possible for me to post my selections as a lot of them i do over the phone when im in work i get them by just looking at the paper and in big handicaps i follow the likes of alan kirby and alan munro in apprentice ones i follow greg fairly these guys seem to have big priced horses nearly always placed especialy in the midweek 5.00 and 5.15 races? any hw i will post my selections today ok.

wb
22nd October 2005, 13:47
thanks guys il look into betfair some more. the only thing i didnt like about betfair is that they take a % of your winnings am i right. also it is not always possible for me to post my selections as a lot of them i do over the phone when im in work i get them by just looking at the paper and in big handicaps i follow the likes of alan kirby and alan munro in apprentice ones i follow greg fairly these guys seem to have big priced horses nearly always placed especialy in the midweek 5.00 and 5.15 races? any hw i will post my selections today ok.

yes, betfair do charge commision, but it is 5%, and with many prices up to 20% better than the bookie, you still make money. long shots have way higher prices than the bookie. also on betfair, instead of backing Each Way, you can back a horse to be placed only, so you dont lose half the bet if it does not come first