PDA

View Full Version : Staking

andyp
15th November 2005, 21:09
i have developed a system where the SR has consistently been at around 35%. I was just wondering if anyone could suggest a staking plan to use for the system.

I have only trialled this for a month so far, and it has thrown up...

selections = 34
wins = 12
loss = 22
winning odds = 1/2, 11/2, 4/5, 5/2, 2/1, 6/4, 15/2, 7/4, 7/4, 4/5, evens, 4/7.
Longest winning sequence = 2
Longest losing sequence = 5
SR = 35%

Using level stakes of £20 I would have won £488.43 and lost £440, only making a profit of £48.43.

When developing this system i was expecting the SR to be at about this level and knew i could make a profit. I am confident that this will continue, and just wondered if anyone could suggest a staking system that would perhaps boost the profit? or weather i should just stick to level stakes?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Win2Win
15th November 2005, 21:33
Yes :)

mathare
15th November 2005, 21:39
Andy - 34 selections isn't a lot to go on but you could do worse than running it through one of my spreadsheets, assuming you have been keeping proper records :)

Look in the Downloads area upstairs...

andyp
15th November 2005, 21:55
Yes :)

:D yes, what :doh

andyp
15th November 2005, 22:18
Andy - 34 selections isn't a lot to go on but you could do worse than running it through one of my spreadsheets, assuming you have been keeping proper records :)

Look in the Downloads area upstairs...

I agree mat, 34 is not enough!

Thanks for the offer of your spreadsheet, but unfortunately i am not a paid member of the upstairs forum this month.

What would your spreadsheet have done? My records are recorded on a word document, stating the DATE (horse ran), HORSE (name), MEETING (where it ran), PRICE (odds), POS (position it finished in race), STAKE (how much i staked), PROFIT/LOSS (how much i would have won/loss on that selection), BANK (running total of my bank).

Thanks

mathare
15th November 2005, 22:23
If you were to convert the data to Excel format and bunged the Data, Selection, Meeting,Odds and Position into the spreadsheet it would have run a number of different staking plans over it for you and presented you with a table of max/min bank levels, final bank, ROI etc for you to compare various staking methods and see which fits the system best. You can also shuffle the selections so you can see if the ordering of the data makes a difference

mathare
15th November 2005, 22:24
My advice for now would be to collect the data as normal though. You can worry about staking further down the line when you have maybe 200+ selections from which to drawn meaningful conclusions

Win2Win
15th November 2005, 22:42
:D yes, what :doh
Eh? :doh

andyp
15th November 2005, 23:00
Eh? :doh

I asked the original question in post #1

You answered 'yes' in post #2

what did you mean by saying yes??? :doh

Keith, have been drinking or smoking some illegal substances? Ooo

andyp
15th November 2005, 23:01
My advice for now would be to collect the data as normal though. You can worry about staking further down the line when you have maybe 200+ selections from which to drawn meaningful conclusions

Thanks for your help and advice mat, unlike that crackpot Keith!! :D

Win2Win
16th November 2005, 09:32
what did you mean by saying yes???
That would be the opposite of NO......YES? :D

sparkyminer
16th November 2005, 09:45
Question.

i have developed a system where the SR has consistently been at around 35%. I was just wondering if anyone could suggest a staking plan to use for the system.

Answer.

Yes:)
Glad to be of assistance.:D