PDA

View Full Version : limewire.

sparkyminer
3rd December 2005, 20:41
when I do a search on Limewire I can't see the results. It shows the blue bar going across the title of the search but not the results. :anger
Any ideas?

Win2Win
3rd December 2005, 20:59
Yer, use Shareaza, limewire is poo :)

presto
3rd December 2005, 21:00
make sure you havn't maximised the - downloading bit.

- try moving up / down the horizontal bar. so you get 2 different sections. 1 for search result's - 1 for downloading.

Win2Win
3rd December 2005, 21:56
The courts are after Limewire now :)

John
4th December 2005, 00:05
Yer, use Shareaza, limewire is poo :)

Looks like we have opposite opinions of those two programs....... :yikes:

I could never get Shareaza to use a set amount of bandwidth, even when adjusting it.

Limewire on the other hand, has never failed me. :D

Sorry Sparky, can't help you mate. All I will say is that make sure you're properly connected etc, but then I assume you are else you wouldn't have made this post in the first place!

Elbarto
4th December 2005, 00:59
Kazaalite is what i used to use quite a bit before i got the new pc but can be a pain in the ::swear::swear::swear::swear when u download a song that plays grand for 10seconds and then is scrambled for the remainder.
Also used to use Limewire on the old pc but found that it kept dropping my internet connection if i was downloading files which i didnt like the thought of. It would download for 10mins next thing i knew the connection was dead, but it didnt do this for every file so had me worrying bout external connections trying to access mine.
IF i was to download anything i try and find it as a torrent or a quite useful program ive heard of is BitLord, havent heard of any problems with it so far, (if anyones heard anything let me know) it has a built in search engine but you can also use it to download other torrents.
As for what the future holds if and not when eXeem gets finished id recommend thatg that, as its torrent based and was created by the people behind one of the biggest torrent sites before it got shut down, which was suprnova.

wb
4th December 2005, 12:38
when I do a search on Limewire I can't see the results. It shows the blue bar going across the title of the search but not the results. :anger
Any ideas?

sorry if this is stating the obvious. but have you tried clicking on the tab with the blue bar?

sparkyminer
4th December 2005, 12:49
Tried all the above, still no good. I'll have to try another program.:(

wb
4th December 2005, 12:51
Tried all the above, still no good. I'll have to try another program.:(

There are some reccommendations on this thread sparky:

http://www.win2win.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=32668

sparkyminer
4th December 2005, 12:53
Thanks Wayne.