PDA

View Full Version : RP website

wb
8th December 2005, 17:15
Normally, I go on to the RP website in the evening, to get all the stats and produce my selections for the following days racing

I notice that the cards are up in advance. For example, I want to work out my selections for tomorrows Wolverhampton races. The thing is, have the stats that are up right now, been updated to include todays racing. Are the records updated after each race, or are they done in one go.

Eg. The the jockeys overall record etc.

if not, would one days racing affect the stats all that much?

Does anyone else do their systems this early, or is it best to wait til tonight.

I notice that the RP ratings are not up yet, so im just wondering how old the other info is.

Thanks

Win2Win
8th December 2005, 19:51
As far as i know the database data isn't fully correct until the following day.

wb
8th December 2005, 20:03
As far as i know the database data isn't fully correct until the following day.

So would it be best to work out systems in the morning, rather than the night before?

or would one day not make a huge amount of difference?

Win2Win
8th December 2005, 20:07
Depends on the systems rules....if it said 'Raced in last 4 days' it would :), otherwise probably not.

The amount of data I use, a missing month wouldn't matter.

wb
8th December 2005, 20:08
Depends on the systems rules....if it said 'Raced in last 4 days' it would :), otherwise probably not.

The amount of data I use, a missing month wouldn't matter.

I dont think it would matter too much then. the stats i use are things like form, rating, jockey track record etc..... so one day would not really effect it too much.

thanks

Stewards enquiry
8th December 2005, 20:24
Remember when Frankie rode 7 winners at Ascot that would make a difference. I know this is a one off but a jockey/trainer could get a treble up and this might make a difference. Just a thought.

wb
8th December 2005, 20:26
Thanks. good point.

I will check the days racing results first and look for anything outstanding, and perhaps include it in the stats myself,

otherwise it should be fine

wb
8th December 2005, 20:30
Got an e-mail back:

Wayne

Stats get updated at midnight.

Regards,

Racing Post Internet Desk

Racer
8th December 2005, 23:25
Hhhmmm must be a first that Wayne....lol

Normally they havent bothered in the past when they have been emailed many a times about their betting forecast and how it's complied.....not even an "Keep you're nose out"

Shame really! So well done :)

wb
8th December 2005, 23:27
Hhhmmm must be a first that Wayne....lol

Normally they havent bothered in the past when they have been emailed many a times about their betting forecast and how it's complied.....not even an "Keep you're nose out"

Shame really! So well done :)

Yeah, i don't normally get a reply. it was short and sweet, but helpful :)

MarcusMel
9th December 2005, 00:03
I dont trust Sat night or Sunday night. I have gone to fetch results and found SP data missing.

wb
9th December 2005, 00:05
I dont trust Sat night or Sunday night. I have gone to fetch results and found SP data missing.

Im not sure if it was just me, but I was running some stats through my systems tonight, and when I would click on certain records, they would be blank, then a few minutes later there would be figures there. perhaps they are doing an update, but it does not leave a huge amount of confidence in the records

Racer
9th December 2005, 00:57
It wouldnt be the first time Wayne. It has happened to me to in the past. I have started using the Sporting Life now, their records etc are up early, and the stats seems good.

wb
9th December 2005, 01:03
It wouldnt be the first time Wayne. It has happened to me to in the past. I have started using the Sporting Life now, their records etc are up early, and the stats seems good.

Cheers racer. must give it a go and see if it makes a difference to the systems

Racer
9th December 2005, 01:10
As long as you give it enough time Wayne when tryiny it out. If you were to chop and change every week or 2 then you will get very mixed results I think.

wb
9th December 2005, 01:11
of course. I would run the two together to see if it makes a difference. to be honest, my stats are more long term though, so one day will not affect it too much.

Racer
9th December 2005, 02:00
Yeah the stats cant be wrong I dont think, as the stats for Exeter for eg would be the same etc or jockeys or trainers etc, but I was meaning forecast and so on. :)