PDA

View Full Version : ayr abandoned

presto
23rd January 2006, 15:58
fire near the track,

andyp
23rd January 2006, 16:33
I had a couple of bets at Ayr on betfair.... will they get refunded into my account? :doh

wb
23rd January 2006, 16:34
I had a couple of bets at Ayr on betfair.... will they get refunded into my account? :doh

Yep

glerwell
23rd January 2006, 16:39
;fire I had a bet on the 2:45 and 3:40 and VC have kept the money as the they have been declared void. Anyone know if they can do this?

vegyjones
23rd January 2006, 16:41
I very much doubt whether VC will keep your money Gler Ooo

I would be VERY VERY VERY surprised if they did!

You may find it deposited back into your account a bit later!

mathare
23rd January 2006, 16:41
;fire I had a bet on the 2:45 and 3:40 and VC have kept the money as the they have been declared void. Anyone know if they can do this?I seriously doubt they can do this. All horses entered in those races become non-runners and you should get your cash back (unless you had anything on as ante-post bets when you will likely forfeit the bet as you would with any other non-runner in such circumstances)

glerwell
23rd January 2006, 16:48
I wouldn't be surpised it they did though. Around Christmas time I did a £20football trixie and 2 of the games were postponed. When I checked my account they had only returned £5. I queried this with them and they said although 2 games were postponed the bet trixie still went ahead.

vegyjones
23rd January 2006, 16:50
That would have been right Gler.

The treble and 2 of the doubles would have all been singles!

Only the one double, involving both postponed matches, would have been returned!

mathare
23rd January 2006, 16:51
With football it depends when the games are played. If they are played within 7 days of the original fixture date then bets can carry over to the rearranged fixture. Otherwise they should be declared non-runners and the trixie settled using the remaining number of runners, which in this case would have been a £20 single on the remaining game.

vegyjones
23rd January 2006, 16:52
Is a trixie not a treble and 3 doubles mat?

mathare
23rd January 2006, 16:56
Is a trixie not a treble and 3 doubles mat?Yes.

But if 2 selections are non-runners have you just one selection left. Ahh, I see what you're getting at. That £5 would be returned for the double on the 2 NRs and the remaining £15 would be a single (or rather 3 x £5 singles). Yeah - now I think about it that makes more sense as one of the bets didn't include the only remaining runner. Hmm, yeah.

glerwell
23rd January 2006, 16:56
I have just emailed VC to ask why my stakes haven't been returned, as I would have thought would have been treated as non-runners. If they don't return it, think of all the money they would have made from all of the other punters in the same boat!!!

glerwell
23rd January 2006, 17:00
I also forgot to mention that when Matt Chapman anouced on ATR that Ayr has been abanonded he said don't forget to go and collect your money back if you had a bet on the later races. Thats why I was expecting my money back.

TheOldhamWhisper
23rd January 2006, 17:09
If the bets are singles only on the abandoned races, you will get your stakes returned - this may take a while as they tend to 'settle' them at the end of the day's racing. IF the bets were multiples, the horses are treated as non-runners and the remaining bets treated as per the non-runner rules in the site Terms and Conditions.

glerwell
23rd January 2006, 17:19
My bets have been settled but no returned money. These were two singles and not multipole bets.

vegyjones
23rd January 2006, 17:24
Then Glerwell my man, you have a damn good case for getting on the blower
and shouting abuse at highly volumous (?) levels down the phone!

I can't believe that they would even try and get away with something like that!

sparkyminer
23rd January 2006, 17:28
at highly volumous (?) levels

loud:D

vegyjones
23rd January 2006, 17:29
Is volumous a word? :D

mathare
23rd January 2006, 17:35
Is volumous a word? :DYou wrote it, what do you think? :wink

http://www.answers.com/voluminous&r=67

vegyjones
23rd January 2006, 17:39
But it was mentioned as a word in the 1871 civil rights act!

Knew I'd heard it somewhere before :laugh

Glerwell - I've read VC's T&C, and you should get
your bet returned! (Even if it was ante-post!)

You will get it back! Or should do once they see your e-mail!

glerwell
23rd January 2006, 17:41
After, two e-mails this matter has now been resolved!!!

wb
23rd January 2006, 17:42
Gler, these things often take a few hours. sometimes, some bookies wont return any bets until after the days racing. The last race is at 5.00 at wolves.
If not, run amok :)

wb
23rd January 2006, 17:43
you got there just before me :)

mathare
23rd January 2006, 17:43
After, two e-mails this matter has now been resolved!!!Glad to hear it :)

Win2Win
23rd January 2006, 17:46
it was a fire in a shed that took 5-10 mins to put out!! So why the hell call it off....any reason these days for health & safety to get a day off.

mathare
23rd January 2006, 17:49
Sporting Life said there was believed to have been an acetylene cannister in the shed

Merlin
23rd January 2006, 21:49
No way Victor Chandler would have kept yer money----however, they are notoriously slow in setling...as I can verify...:yikes:

vegyjones
23rd January 2006, 21:57
Merlin settles all VC bets!

He lives in Brazil, hence them being 6 hours late! :rolleyes: :D

Win2Win
23rd January 2006, 22:44
We do have the advantage of knowing the results of the days racing 6hrs before Merlin, but we don't tell that tight :butthead: bugger :laugh