PDA

View Full Version : In need of data ... please help!

montezumola
26th January 2006, 16:06
Hi all,

This is my very first post, so please be gentle with me :)

I'm trying to build a database of horses, races, trainers and jockeys. I'm after historical data - i.e. the last 4 years. I'm particularly interested in National Hunt. Entering all this data in by hand would be nigh on impossible! :mover

Does anybody on here know where I can get a texfile/Excel spreadsheet (mammoth sized) of such data? And also does anybody know of a method of getting the latest data on a daily basis? i.e. At midnight I could grab a textfile/spreadsheet of all the races and results of the day ...

I understand this is not a light request - I'm prepared to pay for such information but I thought this would be a good first port of call ...

Many thanks in advance ... :wink

mathare
26th January 2006, 16:25
There is software out there that has what you want.

RaceXpert and Proform are two that I know of. Try searching for those on this forum and see what it turns up

montezumola
26th January 2006, 16:45
Thanks for the swift response mathare :thumbs:

I've had a look at those systems - but they come bundled with software. I'm only after data i.e. something similar to this format:

Date of race, Horse, Jockey, Trainer, Weight, Class, Position, SP, Ground, Going, Number of runners

Ideally I'd like to have the data for all jumps from 2002/3 to present day(ish). Not an easy task! The day-2-day updates aren't so important as I can work something out with that.

I need this to import into a customized database I'm building. But don't want any software ... :shrug:

Cheers! :)

Win2Win
26th January 2006, 17:38
Smartsig sell the data your after.

Profit Seeker
26th January 2006, 19:41
Date of race, Horse, Jockey, Trainer, Weight, Class, Position, SP, Ground, Going, Number of runners

Racing Post :)

Win2Win
26th January 2006, 19:53
Racing Post :)
And your prepared to do this manually for him, and enter it on Excel? Ooo

Profit Seeker
27th January 2006, 02:38
No :)

MarcusMel
27th January 2006, 04:06
Manual - I could probably adjust my current program to fetch all that data. All I need is the RP race_id's.

However I having a miserly streak today so french connection uk exit oh and I can't pass the program on either :rolleyes: