PDA

View Full Version : 1135 BBC 2 tonight

bigcumba
28th January 2006, 00:15
Sorry guys it's Motorhead again! This is a repeat, but whether you've seen it or not it's well worth a look. It's the "Classic Albums" series, where they dissect the making of a classic rock album... of course this is one of the best albums ever made... Ace Of Spades. Interviews with Lemmy, Fast Eddie and Philthy Phil, and a few good laughs along the way - mostly at Phil's hair.... enjoy!

tophatter
28th January 2006, 00:17
I dont know much about Motorhead but I do like Ace of spades.

I will give it a try :)

bigcumba
28th January 2006, 00:28
If nothing else it's always worth listening to what Lemmy has to say - the guy is much more intelligent than he's given credit for... which is why he got to speak at a Welsh Conservative rally a few months back because of his anti-heroin stance. Thing is he's known a few very close friends die from that junk, and though old Lem's done most drugs, especially speed, he's never touched heroin. He shocked the blue rinse brigade by calling for it to be completely legalised... to take it out of the hands of the dealers, and to make sure any users are actually registeredand can be helped off the stuff. Of course that wasn't quite the message they had in mind.... very funny! I had this mental picture of John Redwood trying to mime Ace of Spades the same way he did with the Welsh anthem a few years ago!

tophatter
28th January 2006, 00:34
[QUOTE=bigcumba]which is why he got to speak at a Welsh Conservative rally ,QUOTE]

That must have been a big gig. Where did they hold the rally?:doh in a phone Box? :laugh

bigcumba
28th January 2006, 00:35
I think they told them Max Boyce was appearing... :D

Fadetoblack
28th January 2006, 01:30
Sorry, I'm gonna slam the brakes on this thread and pull it into off topicville...listening to Def Leopard - Animal...what a blast from the past!

bigcumba
28th January 2006, 01:38
Def Leppard were the first gig I ever went to... way back in January 1980... :yikes: They were a real metal band back then, but when America beckoned.... they softened the sound, and became huge megastars. I went off them by Pyromania apart from the odd song now and again. I've kinda mellowed towards them in recent years... might even give them a go next time they tour!

FTB - if you haven't heard the early stuff, try and download On Through The Night - their first album. It's already been remixed to suit the US, but still by far the heaviest album they've done. If you can get hold of any of the original Bludgeon Riffola label singles though - they are the rawest sounding and the best... check Ebay for prices of the original singles :yikes: - download them instead!

Fadetoblack
28th January 2006, 01:43
aye..thanks BigC...I'll have to do that...I'm a bit mad in my tastes though...I like some heavy stuff...ala Metallica and the odd tune here and there by others but I'm usually a mellow kind of lad.

Actually, there's one song now that I just can't stop listening to...I was running into town the other day and it was playing on the mp3 player....twas like something out of a movie. I urge you to download it immediately.

Nina Simone - Sinnerman.

You won't be disappointed. It's been in a number of films and also some car ad out now.

bigcumba
28th January 2006, 01:53
Ah, Nina Simone.... velvet jazzy voice and superb piano playing. Remember the plasticine video for 'My Baby Just Cares For Me' ?:)

Fadetoblack
28th January 2006, 01:56
I sure do...what a tune.