PDA

View Full Version : Ignore this II

Win2Win
25th February 2006, 21:14
http://www.cdcomputertowers.co.uk/

Merlin
26th February 2006, 23:55
Your customers will ignore it - if u dunt correct the spelen boobies :laugh

Not fugetting there is a google rumour...that they penalise spelling errors in their algo :yikes:

Win2Win
27th February 2006, 09:45
I haven't finished it yet!!! I just bung them up, and get them listed.....it's a test page for a secret mission......and Google doesn't crew you for spelling mistakes, otherwise they wouldn't ley you purchase incorrectly spelt keywords, and optimize pages for them :)

Merlin
27th February 2006, 14:26
Dont know if they do penalise K - I have no idea, just like everyone else.....but your argument aint a good one against it :yikes:

Searcher typos and website makers are distinctly different in Googles eyes.....

They do strongly encourage correct spelling in website design though :yikes:

Win2Win
27th February 2006, 14:59
66,000 searched for betfare.com in the search box last month, not something to take advantage of in the UK because Betfair own it, but Internationally :)

Google SEO's recommend covering all spelling errors in the web site, with certain pages targetted distinctly at them.

Merlin
27th February 2006, 22:31
We are cross purposes here :yikes:

Yer talking adwords and I am talking websites…….

Sure – google advise you to misspell on the adwords, just to trigger ads…..however, they don’t tell you to or encourage you to misspell on yer website…..on the contrary……bad spelling is not good content…

You can use competitors tradenames and misspellings in adwords , use them on yer website and you could be possibly be penalised for bad content – and receive a letter from a trademark lawyer :yikes: