PDA

View Full Version : Golden Lay question

scaaty
20th April 2006, 00:52
I'm thinking of starting the Golden Lays and looking for a bit of advice .... basically I'm hoping that with a starting bank of £50 and a £2 fixed stake, I could make enough each month to pay for membership. I know the bank is low, but it's all I have to spare at the moment and looking at the results so far I reckon it's worth a try! Does that make sense or should I be a bit more patient and wait till I can start with a bigger bank ?

Also a staking question - do you use the same stake for both the win and place lays ?

presto
20th April 2006, 01:35
the GL are free so it makes sense.
as for enough to cover membership - i highly doupt it. but even if you don't take out membership and still do the GL it is all good practice.

presto
20th April 2006, 01:37
as for stakes - yes same stake for win and place.

you will find the win lays are fairly short prices.
and the lay prices are mainly on outsiders - so the place lays are around the same odd's as the win lays.

scaaty
20th April 2006, 01:48
Thanks Presto :) Haven't been watching the prices because I thought I couldn't afford to risk laying but looking at the results it's very tempting!

roma
20th April 2006, 12:55
I started doing Golden Lays with a £50 bank about a month ago, I started off doing £5 fixed liability but have now switched to £2 fixed stake, the bank is up by about £30 despite getting some winners. I think the main thing is to stick with it and not give up if you are unlucky enough to get a winner early on.

I am not taking out the winnings but letting the bank grow a bit first because £2 stake is fairly high risk for me at a £50 bank. Today's Golden is currently trading around my cutoff of 10 so I could be down £18 today if it wins, that is a high proportion of the bank.

Good luck :)

scaaty
20th April 2006, 13:40
Thanks Roma :) £30 up over the last month or so is what I'd have expected from the results and I've decided that I'm going to give it a shot - an early winner won't put me off, I'll give it three months before taking anything out and see how it goes.
Worst case scenario, I lose £50 :yikes:
Best case, I rejoin three months from now :wiggle: