PDA

View Full Version : Race Watching

vegyjones
27th April 2006, 00:31
With the link between the Racing Post and At the Races, you can now watch all the day's racing on your PC.

This was something that those who work during the day (what work I hear you say :laugh ) couldn't previously do!

Anyway... what should you look out for in a race?

Most of the time, I only watch the horse I have a bet on!

But should I look out for strong finishing horses?
Horses that were going well, but faded rapidly at the end?
Horses that were going well when falling?

Would any of these possibly allow you to see something that may prove a useful betting tool, next time that horse runs?

What else should you look for?

Win2Win
27th April 2006, 08:55
Anyway... what should you look out for in a race?

A horse.

Merlin
27th April 2006, 16:19
Dont worry about watching the horses too much - the biggest future clues are in watching the jockeys.......:yikes:

Win2Win
27th April 2006, 16:35
If your being serious, just start by concentrating on the finishers of maidens, only those were the first 2 or 3 finish ahead of the field. Ignore the winner, note the others that finish close. Next run you decide if they are win or place bet, must be same class or less.

vegyjones
27th April 2006, 16:45
Cheers Keith,

I will start a notebook, and may even share some of my findings with you lot!

You'll all lay them of course! :rolleyes: :D

Street cry
27th April 2006, 22:59
Don't be taken too much by closers they are often running on through beaten horses and are overbet generally a 9/4 shot on my reckoning went off odds on yesterday as it got boxed and ran on previously to much emphasis put on hard luck stories . I like horses who finish staying on without being bashed about or maybe a bit of fly swatting.

wb
27th April 2006, 23:21
I try not to take too much notice of what the commentator is saying (especially Thommo :yikes: :) )

It is VERY easy to be influenced by his commentary, and focus on the horses he mentions.

Remember, he is just one bloke, who gets things wrong just like anyone else.

Learn the silks, then turn the sound down.. The PC's in college dont have sound, so I have gotten used to watching racing with no commentary, and actually learned quite a bit from doing this.

According to the RP's book about betting exchanges, turning the sound off the TV while betting in-running is a good idea, Although I must admit that I have not tried it.

Win2Win
28th April 2006, 07:31
Remember, he is just one bloke, who gets ALL things wrong ......

:D

Horses who go well at Newmarket, are overbet next time. Pay close attention to maidens (and the horses as well :doh) at Yarmouth and Windsor.